Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #31
HenkH
Enthusiast
HenkH began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
A new firmware for the PB302 was promised for this month (january 2011) a few months ago, so hopefully we will see something new in four weeks time (unless they are announcing new, higher priority, devices at the CES ).
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #32
sck
sck began at the beginning.

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenkH View Post
A new firmware for the PB302 was promised for this month (january 2011) a few months ago, so hopefully we will see something new in four weeks time (unless they are announcing new, higher priority, devices at the CES ).
and you still believe them? I wouldn't hold my breath, I'm really glad of having put off my purchase and having kept on buying dead-tree books...
sck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #33
HenkH
Enthusiast

I don't know what to expect from Pocketbook. I'm hoping for a beta release before my spring holiday (end of february) and if we are really lucky we even might get a final release before summer...
Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #34
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
I don't know what to expect from Pocketbook. I'm hoping for a beta release before my spring holiday (end of february) and if we are really lucky we even might get a final release before summer...
There is no such thing as a final release @ PocketBook. We have release versions and beta versions, but we continue development.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #35
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Quote:
We expected a release that included the writing app and keyboard support oh.... a couple times over the last 6 months. Each time has slid past without notice from Pocketbook, and only a comment here after a user has enquired as to what happened to the update previously mentioned update (after the promised date has passed).

I now have a vision of pocketbook's complete programming staff being a 53 year old bus-driver who works on the pocketbook software after returning home from work each night - but only if his 'stories' aren't on TV.

I know I'm a broken record here - but having spent 2x what I needed to on ebook reader for specific features that were promised and, at least to me, what set this 302 apart from other devices, I've got a $150 ebook reader I paid $300 for (I'm up here in Canada). Useless wifi...useless bluetooth...no typing capabilities...
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #36
HenkH
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There is no such thing as a final release @ PocketBook. We have release versions and beta versions, but we continue development.
You only have 10 days left to prove you still support the PB 302...
Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #37
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
new firmware PB 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Guy: The bt keyboard is ready and is being tested right now. I am not sure if the writing app will be included in the final firmware or not.
When will the final firmware PB 302 be released?
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #38
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

That post you quoted is 4 months, or so, old. Many of us no longer believe it is going to get released.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #39
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
That post you quoted is 4 months, or so, old. Many of us no longer believe it is going to get released.
Well, as Slashdot reported yesterday Duke Nukem Forever is going to be released May the 3rd 2011, so who knows, we still might live to see that mythical PB302 firmware ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #40
guyanonymous
Guru

hahahaha. True enough!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:13 AM   #41
HenkH
Enthusiast

Only 8 days left...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #42
guyanonymous
Guru

HenkH...what will happen at the end of your countdown?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #43
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Is it true that on februari 1 Pocketbook will offer the successor of the PB360 for free to all PB302 owners?

Last edited by adbosch; 01-23-2011 at 04:11 PM.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #44
HenkH
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Is it true that on februari 1 Pocketbook will offer the successor of the PB360 for free to all PB302 owners?
I'm afraid it will be delayed until april 1...
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #45
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
April 1. Isn't that the date Pocketbook will announce a new line of ereaders (with firmware under development, almost final, coming soon!!!) and promise eternal support for all other earlier models but actually discontinue it?

Last edited by adbosch; 01-24-2011 at 04:26 AM.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote