Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
andrewed
typist
andrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
If you read the dates, the thread started in July. It's really... well, hard to defend that we're still waiting for the firmware update and the writing app 2 months later.
Yes, but I didn't figure out the right search term till September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Guy: The bt keyboard is ready and is being tested right now. I am not sure if the writing app will be included in the final firmware or not.
mtravellerh, any news on both the keyboard and the app? Also, once the device works with your keyboard, how could it be made to work with a USB keyboard? (Whenever possible, I try to avoid wireless electromagnetic radiation, which hurts my hands, as well as the need for additional batteries.) Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the 603 and 903!
andrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
mabri
mabri began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Question

Hello,
I'm also interested in the current status of the writing app and the Bluetooth (and possibly USB?)
keyboard connectability in the new (this month's, probably unpublished) firmware for the PB302.

Yours,

mabri

Last edited by mabri; 11-28-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: clarification
mabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
sck
sck began at the beginning.

Device: several
me too, and I think I'm not the only one waiting to see the new firmware before deciding whether to get a PB or not (a 302 in my case)... *cross fingers*
sck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #19
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Any news this week on the bluetooth keyboard functionality and typing app?
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #20
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
And the other promises of decent browser and rss program? Forget about it. You bought a pb302? Bad luck.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

That's what it's feeling like.

The WiFi and Bluetooth are, essentially, expensive options I'm not able to use in the ways anticipated.

Ah well, (expensive) lesson learned.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #22
v1k1ng1001
Addict
v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 620
As much as I love the PB line, the lack of timely firmware/software development is the primary argument made against PB over and over again by Kindle and Sony devotees in the other forums. I'm probably still going to buy one, but I'm just sayin'...
v1k1ng1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k1ng1001 View Post
As much as I love the PB line, the lack of timely firmware/software development is the primary argument made against PB over and over again by Kindle and Sony devotees in the other forums. I'm probably still going to buy one, but I'm just sayin'...
Really? The lack of timely software development is still better than no software development at all (just sayin')
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Really? The lack of timely software development is still better than no software development at all (just sayin')
Speaking of software: what is the situation with the x03 models? I'm assuming that they have something on top of the x02 models, but is there anything beside the drawing application?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #25
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
No, it isn't. You derive more disutility if your expectations are built and later turned into nothing than if you know there will be no software development in advance.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #26
guyanonymous
Guru

Here's my 2-week check-in to see if any progress has been made in this area?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:07 AM   #27
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
They are selling the PB302 at dump prices. They seem to want it out of stock asap. And than maybe issue a semi-final firmware (which btw will not offer what users would be entitled to expect). And hope everybody will forget about the device. At least it looks a lot like that is the planning. Doesn't it?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
They are selling the PB302 at dump prices. They seem to want it out of stock asap. And than maybe issue a semi-final firmware (which btw will not offer what users would be entitled to expect). And hope everybody will forget about the device. At least it looks a lot like that is the planning. Doesn't it?
No, we will continue developing our software for the 302.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #29
Dimpflmoser
Dimpflmoser began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Quote:
No, we will continue developing our software for the 302.
Hi mtravellerh,

any news of the new firmare for the 302?
When I bought my 302 firmware 15.2 was rather new but still didn't deliver all promised/advertised key features (such as Web Browser that deserves the name Web Browser and books download via HTTP). From the reports here in the forum I got the impression that SW development is active, which was the base for my decission to buy an 'unfinished' 302.
We were told in Summer that the release of 15.3 will be in August/September.
Then it was delayed due to the preparation of the new devices at various trade shows.
Then it was delayed due to the release of the new devices.

The new devices are out now. Are there any news on firmware?

Before I bought the 302 I first planned to buy a cheap Hanvon and wait for the 60x/90x devices. Because of the promised updates I decided to go for the PocketBook and so far got disappointed.

You keep on promissing that you will not neglect the 30x devices, however I cannot see a sign that you will also act so.

Hope the situation will change in the near future.

Bye Dimpflmoser
Dimpflmoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #30
andrewed
typist
andrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Kindle 3
Pocketbook is an embarrassment to E-ink

A lot of us were impressed by Pocketbook's grand promises. I, fortunately, waited till they were fulfilled. I will wait no longer.

As I read about Pocketbook's performance, I find a profound lack of integrity in their products. It seems to reflect the lack of integrity in the company. For example, Pocketbook promised external keyboard support for the 302, saying it was practically ready months ago, but never delivered. A hundred things on the devices seem only halfway done. People keep buying only on the basis of promises, hoping for the next (promised) firmware update to solve their problems.

The truly great invention of E-ink is desecrated in Pocketbook's hands. Microsoft strikes me as a crack team of perfectionists by comparison.

Last edited by andrewed; 01-03-2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: needed temperance
andrewed is offline   Reply With Quote