Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #91
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: None
Hi I downloaded Xodo and unfortunately its the same thing. There's no way to increase the font text size and still keep it as 1 page. I thought I was going crazy so I re-opened the same file in my Nook Simple Touch standard reader and yes it is able to do that. I tried getting the Nook Simple Touch reader apk but unfortunately it didn't work.

UPDATE: Ok I'm an idiot. I re-opened again in Onyx Neo Reader. Basically a workaround is to do page selection, crop the page, OK. Then after that the increase of the font text seems to work and allowing the pdf to be in 1 page with bigger font text.

Last edited by stardest; 05-22-2016 at 09:07 AM.
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #92
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardest View Post
UPDATE: Ok I'm an idiot. I re-opened again in Onyx Neo Reader. Basically a workaround is to do page selection, crop the page, OK. Then after that the increase of the font text seems to work and allowing the pdf to be in 1 page with bigger font text.
Hi,

this is a good news, even if still just a workaround. I would be quite unhappy in case this was not possible.
Thanks again for checking this.

UncleZ
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2016, 04:29 AM   #93
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
stardest,

may i know where you bought the reader from which comes with free case?

does the case work with auto-sleep function for n96?

thanks

Quote:

For now, I’m still happy that I have this device and chose the one with the light. It was nice when I was testing it in my bed. Do I miss the touchscreen? Yes I do but I think I’m afraid I would scratch the screen or press too hard so I think the N96ML works better for me. I don’t intend to get rid of my Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight and without because its still nice to have a portable eink reader. I was given a free case by the seller and this makes the item a little heavy. If anyone can give me their recommendations for a launcher and settings that would be great.
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:05 AM   #94
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
stardest,

thanks
I've read in a previous post in this 3ad that he bought from MICMI ... If I am not wrong this is a guy selling also on Ebay and is US based.

UncleZ
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:46 AM   #95
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Yes I bought from MICMI but the free case was not standard - just cause my shipping took awhile so seller threw it in.

On a side note regarding PDFS text reflow option also helps with the font size change.
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 01:19 AM   #96
iHasan
iHasan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
stardest,

thanks
I get it from http://www.banggood.com/ and it comes with free case "the original one" and YES it works with auto-sleep
iHasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:34 AM   #97
iHasan

I try to root my device , I think it works fine but I notes A battery problem so I do a "Factory data reset" but My device still not OK even after I update it:

1) I can not use FBReader but I see it on the Apps list
2) The battery still not perfect, my last charge discharged in 12h ( 16%)
3) I can not get the status Bar in Onyx Neo Reader

How Can I reset my device to the original settings
Old 05-25-2016, 01:50 AM   #98
billsmith008
billsmith008 began at the beginning.

Device: icarus
Just received my N96!!! My first ereader and I have to say it's better then I expected.

The only thing is that i can't seem to find a way to view PDFs in a 2 page up format? Seems like a pretty basic viewing. Also is there a way to quickly skim small thumbnails of the book? ie: finding a page with a certain diagram?

The Evernote app works pretty good...although slow compared to the ipad. But much better reading experience once the file is brought up.

Toodledo app does not load.

Is there a note pad app that will keep notes like a "real" notebook? With lines and a way to view them quickly?
billsmith008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #99
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
I read LectureNotes works with M96, which also should work with N96.. I am waiting for my N96 from Banggood..
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #100
Stasiek87
Stasiek87 began at the beginning.

Hello. I live in China I come from Europe. I bought directly in China Onyx Boox N96ML (about 300 Euro) - new (new box in foil). Everything is working well apart one - light. I did standard test as for mobile phones and iPad. At night I switched off all lights in room and turned on the light in Onyx Boox N96ML with maximum level of brightness. I can see the LED lines only at upper, right and bottom edge. There is no LED light at left edge. Do you have exactly the same situation? I am afraid I pressed the screen too strongly in order to remove air bubbles when stick protective foil. Or maybe it is factory failure. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Stasiek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #101
stardest
Enthusiast

Battery & Charging Light:

Does your light change color once it 100% charged? Mine just stays red all the time. If anyone can please let me know.

Anyone have any observations on battery life? It doesn’t seem to last as long as I thought.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 AM   #102
iHasan

Quote:
Does your light change color once it 100% charged? Mine just stays red all the time. If anyone can please let me know.

Anyone have any observations on battery life? It doesn’t seem to last as long as I thought.
I feel the problem after I root the device
Old 05-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #103
stardest
Enthusiast

Ihasan regarding battery life try to recalibrate, drain your battery to 0% and then recharge to 100%. I think u do this 5 times. After the first drain mine seems to be good now.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #104
Stasiek87
Stasiek87 began at the beginning.

Hello? Is anybody able to give me answer about the light LED line on the edge of the reader? Is the LED line only on 3 sides or on 4 sides? Also in my opinion the screen isn't 100% flat. It is a little less than 1mm bend.
Anybody can confirm how should it look?
It is my first reader. I have no experience with e-ink.
Stasiek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #105
stardest
Enthusiast

Stasiek87, I dont see LED lights on edges of my screen.

Tags
boox, n96, n96ml, onyx