Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2023, 07:55 AM   #46
walthamstownick
walthamstownick began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kindle using 4.1.3 (2692310002)
Kindle 5 NT 4.1.4 not receiving Jailbreak confirmation

I bought my old NT Kindle in Sept 2014 and run 4.1.4. I think that makes it a Kindle 5 - the one with the higher res screen. Now want to use it as a PDF reader using KOReader. The Jailbreak with kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N-r18977.tar.xz went fine but reboot fails to confirm showing new book called “You are Jailbroken.” It just returns to Jailbreak menu. I am able to view and edit the root using u) USB Device Mode on the menu. I note that the device is no longer registered on the Amazon site. What can I do next and how can I proceed to instal KOReader. Greatful any help and/or signposts. (note I am reader not developer!)
walthamstownick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:32 AM   #47
walthamstownick
walthamstownick began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kindle using 4.1.3 (2692310002)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Hello. As I'm working on debricking my Kindle 4 (still no luck but working on it), I grabbed my roommate's newer k4 black with 4.1 to put the universal hack on it. I used the "universal method"..Placed the data.tar.gz, ENABLE_DIAGS and diagnostic_logs to the Kindle's USB drive's root...got into diagnostics mode and got to the "jailbreak, wait a moment while your kindle is being freed" screen and then restarted back into diagnostics mode, selected "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" again Select "D) Disable Diagnostics" and "Q) To continue"

At this point the ""You are Jailbroken" never came on and it just went straight back to my main screen with my collections. Do any of you have any suggestions what i did wrong and what i could do at this point to get it jailbroken? I don't want to proceed and screw anything more up like I did with my own K4. Thanks for any help. All is want is to ditch these ridiculous screensavers and put my own on.
Hi, Can I asked what happened. I posted yesterday a similar problem.
walthamstownick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
4.1.0, hack, jailbreak, k4nt, kindle 4 nt