Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
no, nothing without root. but there is a fix for the low volume. you can download volume+. you can grab it off the market (for a price) or free from the author's website:
http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/vo...bread/download

i opted for the paid.

there are free hacks that can do the same if you're rooted.

btw, do you know how fast your dock drains while the tf is docked? seems there are quite a few people who's docks drain at the rate of 3-5% per hour even while the tf is fully charged and either off or in standby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
madsquabbles,

Do you know of any software fix for the speaker balance problem that does not require the tablet to be rooted?
I'm hesitant to go through the whole "rooting" process just to fix the speaker problem.

Everything on my Transformer is perfect, aside from the low volume from the left speaker.
I'm really enjoying it, and your dock as well!

Regards,
Eric
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #17
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post

As a gadget addict, I'll ditch my bargain basement android device (Pandigital Novel) and pick up a real android tablet to compliment my ipad 2. I have no allegiance to any company, and just love a well made product. Had the Transformer been available when I bought my ipad 2, it would have been a tough decision to make!
I have just bought the transformer with the view to playing with it for a month or so and once my gadget addiction being satisfied, that I would happily return to my I pad and sell the transformer. Well it does not look like that will be happening, in fact it may end up being the I pad that gets sold unless I can find a justification for keeping both.

The I pad still wins hands down for viewing photographs due to it's screen ratio, however the transformer wins out for managing my library collection a nd for reading. Now if only Kobo would link I no the my library App all my books would be access able in one place.

I am finding apps for Android are still behind what is available for Apple. Even where the same app is available on both platforms, the Android version is still somewhat primitive in comparison to it's Apple version. Still this is something that I expect will improve over time.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #18
lost101
Enthusiast
lost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: HTC Hero
For those that encountered it; the Portrait Framerate bug (that affected other tablets also), appears to be mostly resolved in Android 3.2.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15958

I was concerned this was a Tegra 2 hardware limitation. Thankfully not.
lost101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
The Samsung broke my heart, they ditched the connectivity ports (usb, HDMI,sd card slot etc) just to say they have the thinnest.
I would gladdy take the extra .00008 of an inch for the extra convenience and versatility.
Can't you still order the 10.1v (original thicker one) instead of streamlined 10.1?
At least in Germany and some other European countries we can do so.
I'm also tempted to go for the "original" one.
I don't care about the better camera of 10.1v.
But I've read, the streamlined versions (8.9" and 10.1") are kind of "flimsy"...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote