Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
casualt
Edge User

Application storage is running low

Hi,

for some reason, the amount of the (322MB of ) application storage space which is free is now <10MB. I have checked the applications I have installed and all told they do not report more than ~50MB used between them.
therefore the system seems to be confused with the amount reported as free vs the amount that is actually free.

to clarify I am NOT talking about the other Separate storage locations though for thoroughness I will note the following:
the internal 2.5GB virtual disk is mostly free,
the external sdcard is also mostly free.

to wrap up, I would note that I Do use advanced task-killer to periodically kill apps when they freeze (usually browser for example)... some articles I have read seem to indicate this might contribute to a gradual erosion of reported space, but have not been able to verify this.

my main concern is the ability of Apps to keep working properly, and also the persistent notification about low space.

Hope someone can help,

Old 02-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Try rebooting the device and see if that helps.

Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
casualt
Edge User

Wow...that fixed it!
oh wait, no, not at all...just like the last few times I did it...
was there somewhere in my post that made it seem like I had no clue what I was talking about and that this was a sudden problem which I hadn't researched a fair bit already?

Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

I suggested the reboot since you said "I Do use advanced task-killer to periodically kill apps when they freeze (usually browser for example)... some articles I have read seem to indicate this might contribute to a gradual erosion of reported space". Orphaned allocated memory might get cleared when you reboot.

Since unfortunately the easy fix of rebooting didn't work, you'll need to wait for other suggestions...

Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Have you cleared the cache for all apps? Unfortunately you have to do it one app at a time. Go to manage apps, sort by size and open each one at a time.

Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
casualt
Edge User

okay, fair enough.
(Glad to see we were on the same page as to why to reset it, this is why I did it in the first place)

All caches at zero, except for the store app which I am using to post, but it is quite small.
I am guessing it went and auto cleared most of them when space started to get low.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
borisb
Edge User

I'm rather surprised you're down to less than 10 Mb. I have at least 20 third party apps installed, and I still have about 50% of the 322 Mb free...

Old 02-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
casualt
Edge User

Yes, exactly.

I can go through the application list and add up all the space each is reporting and It adds up to less than 50MB.
however, as I said it still reports the overall usage as higher.

I also have only a couple of extra apps installed, besides the base ones.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
casualt
Edge User

So... no further suggestions apparently... how do you escalate issues to the admins?

Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
borisb
Edge User

You don't These forums are user-to-user, with essentially no involvement from enTourage.

Instead, you contact Tech Support for "official" support, etc.: http://www.entourageedge.com/support.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
casualt
Edge User

You are telling me there is no moderation or oversite?
also...
What is the point of the request feature section then?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
....These forums are user-to-user, with essentially no involvement from enTourage.....
(emphasis added by me)

With all due respect, I beg to differ. While Entourage provides no information about upgrades, etc. to its users on these Forums, some Entourage personnel find time to scour these Forums for comments that they deem troublesome and serve as Forum censors. Company personnel involvement in these forums, rather than providing factual information, is limited to censorship. While this may not be the "corporate policy" it sure is how things are (or at least seem to be) functioning.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
borisb
Edge User

Alefor does correctly outline enTourage's general involvement of late. Yes there is moderation and oversite, but generally not participation.

The Request Feature section is for us to throw around ideas. enTourage monitors them as a gauge of interest in a particular feature (or so they told me) among users. Some may make it onto our eDGes, but we're still waiting for landscape eInk which has been widely requested since last April when the forums opened. If you want to register a feature request and have it responded to, use the "Request a Feature" action in "Help Request" at www.entourageedge.com/support.