Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Arial Unicode MS on Coolreader

I installed coolreader 3 on my 602. I am very happy that I can open some of my chm books that fbreader can't handle. But after I chose Arial Unicode MS as fonts, I still can't read Chinese content as I do in fbreader. Could anybody tell me why? Thank you
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
I installed coolreader 3 on my 602. I am very happy that I can open some of my chm books that fbreader can't handle. But after I chose Arial Unicode MS as fonts, I still can't read Chinese content as I do in fbreader. Could anybody tell me why? Thank you
I don't know why, but coolreader 3 does not read Arabic either. I use a very nice unicode font that I downloaded (CharisSIL).
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
But after I chose Arial Unicode MS as fonts, I still can't read Chinese content as I do in fbreader. Could anybody tell me why? Thank you
I can only guess that problem is somehow related with style sheets. The font you choose in the settings is the default font which will be used when no font specified using css. What format do you read? I suspect EPUB with embedded fonts.
Unfortunately I can't help with this since I'm not much familiar with coolreader engine internals and have no time to investigate it right now. Probably it make sense to ask in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112682
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
I can only guess that problem is somehow related with style sheets. The font you choose in the settings is the default font which will be used when no font specified using css. What format do you read? I suspect EPUB with embedded fonts.
Unfortunately I can't help with this since I'm not much familiar with coolreader engine internals and have no time to investigate it right now. Probably it make sense to ask in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112682
I tried chm and the text didn't display properly. I also tried txt (with Chinese content) - can't be opened. I will ask somewhere else. Thank you
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which encoding used in txt files? CR understands only UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding for Chineese.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Which encoding used in txt files? CR understands only UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding for Chineese.
Thank you, pkbo.

I tried two txt file (UTF-8). The first one below has the same format in CR as shown on PC but with unexpected bold lines in FBreader. The second text displays better in FBreader than in CR (strange line turns) but nicely on PC. The third one is the same text as the first but in HTML and the format is not right at all in FBreader...I found both CR and FBreader difficult to configure for Chinese text, especially with verses here and there. I thought CR would automatically keep the format as shown in txt file on PC

Files are from gutenberg
Attached Files
File Type: txt 诗经.txt (143.6 KB, 206 views)
File Type: txt 牡丹亭.txt (197.3 KB, 225 views)
File Type: rar 诗经.rar (58.6 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by jshzh; 05-30-2011 at 12:59 AM.