Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #61
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Aren't there signatures and avatars to express personal messages?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #62
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Has there been any progress in this area? Keyboard/Writing apps?

It's now approaching one year since I purchased this device. I spent $150 more than a Kobo on it (here in Canada), specifically for the ability to type/write on it and the web browser features that were confirmed by reps on here prior to my purchase.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #63
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Has there been any progress in this area? Keyboard/Writing apps?

It's now approaching one year since I purchased this device. I spent $150 more than a Kobo on it (here in Canada), specifically for the ability to type/write on it and the web browser features that were confirmed by reps on here prior to my purchase.
Well, I guess it is all in the same category as Santa Claus. Everybody wants to believe it, knows about it, but still non-existant .
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #64
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2heikamp View Post
Well, I guess it is all in the same category as Santa Claus. Everybody wants to believe it, knows about it, but still non-existant .
My view entirely. See post #2 of this thread - if it was going to happen, it would have by now.

Credibility, professionalism, integrity. Not words I associate with PB.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #65
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

How something can go from "almost ready" in July (with keyboards ready to ship) to....well, nothing, over the next 9 months.

I get that reps on here responded to the best of their knowledge, but that said, people purchased these (overpriced) devices on here based on those promises.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #66
guyanonymous
Guru

Will the bluetooth keyboard functionality, along with whatever app can use it, from the 90x series trickle down, finally to give us 302 owners our long-promised features?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #67
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Will the bluetooth keyboard functionality, along with whatever app can use it, from the 90x series trickle down, finally to give us 302 owners our long-promised features?
Please don't hold your breath.
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #68
guyanonymous
Guru

I was starting to go a bit blue in the face. It was a big tease, I must admit, seeing two 302 threads on the main page again! Alas, new hopes, same disappointments!

The way I'm looking at it, I've paid $1/day, roughly, to own my Pocketbook 302 the last year, while I could have paid $0.50/day, roughly, if I'd just bought a Kobo. For that extra $0.50/day I've gotten some frustrating to use dictionaries, which are nice, and I've gotten a heap more headaches.

I'm just hoping for a decently priced 7" or so Pixel Qi screen android tablet soon...