Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
stuck micro sd card

problem: I am unable to take the micro card out of my PB903. I remember that when I put it in it did not feel like there was a spring mechanism (unlike the PB360). Is this normal, i.e. is this happening to other people, too? And if so, how do you pull it out?
This is the first time I thought of removing the card to trasfer books rather than connect the device to my laptop, so it is the first time ever I attempt to take it out.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
problem: I am unable to take the micro card out of my PB903. I remember that when I put it in it did not feel like there was a spring mechanism (unlike the PB360). Is this normal, i.e. is this happening to other people, too? And if so, how do you pull it out?
This is the first time I thought of removing the card to trasfer books rather than connect the device to my laptop, so it is the first time ever I attempt to take it out.
Hi Paola,

In my experience this is not unknown and as far as I can determine is a quality control issue at the manufacturer's end. My first 302 was sent to me with the card in place, leading me to believe I had been sent someone's returned unit.

To remove the card, I had to gently push the card against either the top or the bottom of the slot, making enough room to carefully slide a small piece of adhesive tape down the roomier side, with the adhesive layer towards the card. I then pushed the card firmly against the adhesive tape to make a bond (and then released the pressure). I then slowly pulled (gradually increasing the tension and it came out.

My method is not original, but came from some other unfortunate who had also run foul of PB's shoddy approach to quality.

Make sure your card doesn't have any adhesive residue still on it - some tapes can leave little bits behind and it is my guess that these can cause further trouble if not removed.

Good luck,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Metal Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
To remove the card, I had to gently push the card against either the top or the bottom of the slot, making enough room to carefully slide a small piece of adhesive tape down the roomier side, with the adhesive layer towards the card. I then pushed the card firmly against the adhesive tape to make a bond (and then released the pressure). I then slowly pulled (gradually increasing the tension and it came out.

My method is not original, but came from some other unfortunate who had also run foul of PB's shoddy approach to quality.
maybe not original, but genial nonetheless! thanks a lot
paola is offline   Reply With Quote