Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #106
zebrella
zebrella began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 602, PB IQ 701, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad View Post
Ok, now I am going to sound like a total Ubuntu-groupie (which I kinda am, I have to admit), but one of the most important things I have found important to configure on my PB360 is the typeface; the best one I have found so far is the Ubuntu-font family. With these fonts both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets look absolutely fantastic.

A joy for the eyes. Try it out. Cheers!
And I've added this font (as well as Gentium) to my PB602 and I love it. Really cool! Gentium, not a fan really.

But thanks to all for suggesting them.
zebrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #107
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
I am delighted that you like them. They look ok on a computer screen, but they really look fantastic on the PB360. The Cantarell font family is also excellent.

IMNSHO, the typeface is *far* more important than any other parameter, (even screen type) in defining how pleasant (or not) it is to read on an ebook reader

Cheers!
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #108
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrella View Post
And I've added this font (as well as Gentium) to my PB602 and I love it.
love them too, though I thought I did not like serif fonts, whereas on the reader I quite enjoy them (Gentium is currently on).
Gosh, how I am enjoying the PB360: mighty mouse indeed!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #109
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Hi

Do you know when the Pearl PB360 be released?

Thanks
Mimosa
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #110
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Are you still forbidden to sell to Europe?
Even the new model?

Please tell us about the new firmware.
Is it using the same family of firmware as 602 ... 903 models?
Yeah... I can't sell PocketBooks to Europe anyway... Any other model, but not PB...
I didn't have a chance to play with the device itself, they are being shipped to me right now as we speak (so to say, write
I suppose there will be the same firmware, at least the look and feel as it was before on good ole' PB360

Last edited by Yar-PocketBooker; 04-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #111
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I already posted it on my website as the new product. Please, check PocketBook 360 PLUS.
It will be on the pre-order for 5-7 days more, I hope that on Monday, May 2, it should be already delivered to me and it will be available for shipping then.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #112
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I already posted it on my website as the new product. Please, check PocketBook 360 PLUS.
It will be on the pre-order for 5-7 days more, I hope that on Monday, May 2, it should be already delivered to me and it will be available for shipping then.
hip hip hurrah! Does the PB360+ use the new Pearl Screen? On your website, you just mention this: "Display 5" E Ink® Vizplex" for the PB360+. I cannot wait now, luckily, I have just sold the Sony 350.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #113
mimosavj
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
hip hip hurrah! Does the PB360+ use the new Pearl Screen? On your website, you just mention this: "Display 5" E Ink® Vizplex" for the PB360+. I cannot wait now, luckily, I have just sold the Sony 350.
Is it necessary to pre-order the PB 360+? What would be the advantages? When will you actually have them in stock?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #114
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
If the "clicks" irritate you get another model. Quite a number of people don't want a touchscreen, thank you very much, including yours truly.
Umm, I love the customizing options and formfactor of the PB360, I do Not want a touch screen, and still I would like the 'clicks' to be quieter. I know this is possible to do as Bookeen managed to reduce the 'click' on the 2nd version of the Gen3. It made it quieter when reading in bed. Not liking the loud clicking isn't the same as wanting a touch screen.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #115
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
PocketBook 360 Plus is now available from our site. Upgraded processor and more internal memory plus wifi. It is not a pearl display. Price starts at $149

Regular non-plussed 360 model is reduced to $129/$149 with Accessory package(wall charger, lanyard, 2GB SD card).
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #116
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
PocketBook 360 Plus is now available from our site. Upgraded processor and more internal memory plus wifi. It is not a pearl display. Price starts at $149

Regular non-plussed 360 model is reduced to $129/$149 with Accessory package(wall charger, lanyard, 2GB SD card).
Are you allowed to sell it to Europe?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #117
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
No unfortunately.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #118
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
No unfortunately.
Thank you for quick answer.

Please do not forget, we are eagerly waiting for the first review. So, please, post comparison with the old model as soon as you get the chance to unpack the first unit. The firmware *must* be different, because old one doesn't support WiFi. Is the new firmware related to the 602 ... 903 model?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #119
HenkH
Enthusiast
HenkH began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Is the new firmware related to the 602 ... 903 model?
The firmware number is 15.4, so it is probably based on the firmware of the old models (and hopefully it is similar to that of the next firmware for the PB302).
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote