Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
kossmoboleat
kossmoboleat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Cannot open books downloaded with Dropbox

Hi,

I had previously rooted my reader and used Dropbox without problems, but right now regardless of the Dropbox version I get the following error when trying to open the book:

Error

Contents cannot be found. They may have been moved or deleted.

To make this clear; the books are successfully downloaded to Dropbox's cache folder, but somehow the Reader app is not able to open them directly. If I browse to the cache in the file explorer I can open the with the Reader app.

I'm pretty sure it's really trying to open them with the Reader app, as I had reset file associations once and set it as the new default. Irregardless Ebook Downloader is also installed in my rooted reader, but doesn't work any better.

I haven't found any mention of this error on google and I've already re-rooted the reader without any success.

thanks,
Tim
kossmoboleat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Have you tried using the browser? rather than the app I have had no problems... on my "unrooted" T1,I use drop-box all the time for one-off downloads...
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
kossmoboleat
kossmoboleat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Yes, that works, but I'd prefer to use the app.

I even did a hard-reset, but I still get the same error message.
kossmoboleat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Well.... then.... its seems to be a problem with the app down loader... maybe corrupting the file, if you insist on using the app I suggest you contact the author for a fix, if the brower method works then it's not a dropbox issue... good luck....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, dropbox, error, rooted