Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Amazon is on Fire!

That is reportedly the name of the new tablet, kindle Fire

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/k...y-set-to-ship/

[removed by moderator]

Hardware wise it's the same as the playbook from RIM.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-27-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Remove offensive statement.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm just not feeling the name.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
goodnerd
goodnerd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
me either. i'm not digging the tablet idea either.
goodnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
+1

Just another tablet. Might as well be the "Kindle Burnout." Really- fire? I thought that electronic devices were supposed to at least have a descriptor, if not be called an adjective.

Droid Incredible
*Galaxy* Tab
Xoom (I guess that's a noun- sort of)

etc.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm not too keen on the name, but I was kind of expecting worse.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'm feeling it

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
I wasn't feeling the name kindle or nook but they both grew on me after a while..
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
In case of emergency, I guess you could always use your wii to put out the fire.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #9
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
I wasn't feeling the name kindle or nook but they both grew on me after a while..
Same here. They're both great names.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
It's the 7" screen that I think sucks.

As far as I'm concerned it should be called the "Kindle misFire".
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
LoL yes, the same here! And we all remember the jokes about the name iPad! I think the Kindle Fire will grow on us!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree w/ GDGT, http://gdgt.com/discuss/the-amazon-t...ically-is-g8d/, that this 1st Tablet by Amazon might be sub-par.

To me, the tablet will not be worth even $200; integration w/ Amazon services might be worth $200 - $250, If You Use These Services Alot (like watching movies, etc.).

I also don't like how this is heavily a cloud (which means a city/urban) device. No card slot, no gps, no this, no that, etc. Just a portal into Amazon.....................oh boy!

Last edited by markdek; 09-27-2011 at 09:56 AM.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

I would wait until tomorrow's announcement before getting too opinionated about whatever Amazon announces. I still don't trust these blogs to know their own names much less have super-secret insight into Amazon's plans.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I would wait until tomorrow's announcement before getting too opinionated about whatever Amazon announces. I still don't trust these blogs to know their own names much less have super-secret insight into Amazon's plans.
Ok, I agree; but here is what I know now, for sure:

1.) It's a 7" tablet; for me, I'm more looking/or would buy, a 10" Amazon tablet; 7" is just too small for video, etc.

2.) No GPS or SD card slot. These have always been on my "must have" list for a tablet.

3.) No Android marketplace.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #15
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I wonder if it's going to launch internationally... maybe depending on US preorders they might have a few remaining...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote