Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (Kobo/Nook/Kindle) [DRM Free] from Tor.com [Science Fiction/Fantasy]

Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2011 Edition: A Tor.Com Original by at least 7 authors (+ 2 editors) whose names you'll see should you click the link, is exactly what it says in the title, gathered from the sf/fantasy imprint's website and free courtesy of publisher Macmillan.

Currently a free pre-order @ Amazon (available to Canadians, does not yet exist in the UK). Will doubtlessly show up elsewhere by its release date of Feb 14th.

Description
A collection of some of the best original short fiction published on Tor.com in 2011.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
No longer a preorder and still free @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Some-Best-Tor-...dp/B006TXN540/

Quote:
A collection of some of the best original short fiction published on Tor.com in 2011. Includes stories by Charlie Jane Anders, James Allan Gardner, Yoon Ha Lee, Nnedi Okorafor, Paul Park, Matthew Sandborn Smith, Michael Swanwick, and Harry Turtedove.

At the publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management software (DRM) applied.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Still not available at Amazon UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Also free (and DRM-free) at Kobo (available for Canadians)

Last edited by sqdancer; 09-09-2012 at 03:21 AM.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-->dreams, you reminded me that I had prepared this post a while ago and forgot to post it!

-Here are 6 Tor.com related Anthologies, etc. (I think they all don't have DRM, but you can download directly from Kobo for sure with No DRM):

(1) Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2011 Edition: A Tor.Com Original

---Kobo(No DRM)---Barnes---Amazon US

(2) The Fierce Reads Anthology: A Tor.Com Original

(3) Tor/Forge Author Voices: Volume 1

(4) Tor/Forge Author Voices: Volume 2

(5) Tor/Forge Author Voices: Volume 3

(6) Grace Immaculate: A Tor.Com Original - Gregory Benford

Last edited by kg3; 09-09-2012 at 03:52 AM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

-My links were messed up for a couple of minutes, but they're all fixed now.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks for adding to this sqdancer and kg3.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

None of these is available on Amazon UK. I wonder if Tor have a separate UK "arm" which is not currently doing eBooks?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #9
kg3
Guru

--> HarryT, can you get them from Kobo drm-free and convert with Calibre if you need it for Kindle?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

They aren't available on Kobo either. I wouldn't expect them to be if they're geographically restricted.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
kg3
Guru

-HarryT, I'm new to all this and made the assumption if it's available on Kobo then it would probably be available internationally. I'm not sure how I would check if things are geo-restricted if it's at Kobo. I know with Amazon you can check the different countries' Amazon sites, but again I would be checking from the US and that wouldn't be accurate without my computer taking a "vacation" right? Also, I don't know why these particular Tor items would be geo-restricted anyway, I would think they are sort of promoting them in general. As I'm new to this stuff, I may be wrong about some of what I said and haven't yet put in the time to try to research it all.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
-HarryT, I'm new to all this and made the assumption if it's available on Kobo then it would probably be available internationally. I'm not sure how I would check if things are geo-restricted if it's at Kobo. I know with Amazon you can check the different countries' Amazon sites, but again I would be checking from the US and that wouldn't be accurate without my computer taking a "vacation" right? Also, I don't know why these particular Tor items would be geo-restricted anyway, I would think they are sort of promoting them in general. As I'm new to this stuff, I may be wrong about some of what I said and haven't yet put in the time to try to research it all.
At Amazon, you can log out, then when you search and narrow down to "kindle ebooks", you can pick the country using a pull-down on the left.

With Kobo, you have to create an account for a country in order to check prices and availability. Not easy to set up or to check prices for others.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
Also, I don't know why these particular Tor items would be geo-restricted anyway, I would think they are sort of promoting them in general.
Probably because they have a different UK publisher. That's an extremely common situation. There are lots of eBooks available in the US but not the UK, and lots of (different) eBooks available in the UK but not the US.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #14
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They aren't available on Kobo either. I wouldn't expect them to be if they're geographically restricted.
I find it odd that Kobo, a Canadian bookstore, geo-restricts to me, who lives IN Canada,
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
kg3
Guru

-koland and HarryT, thanks for the info!