Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmar View Post
This is not my experience. I'm reading for hours, believe me!
Yes, the opus tends to crash if you leave the battery below 60%. Once they gave me that tip, it never crashed again.

By the way, I just bought a second opus as a Christmas gift to my father, since the price is now halved, at 119 euros!
Oh, i meant before the update to fix that
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
That an old fix so!
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #18
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
I have been waiting for some time before doing a more complete review, because I wanted to give the Bookeen team some time to correct some of the bugs I had found.
After more than 1 month, with some bugs still biting me, I've decided to stop waiting...

Just had my Bookeen Odyssey reimbursed, and bought a Sony PRS-T1 instead. So no need to wait for my complete review anymore...
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #19
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
sfreader, that is too bad that you don't like your odyssey no more. i am still quite satisfied with mine. epecially the big font size selection is nice. since you had the odyssey let me know how the t-1 compares to it concerning fonts/size. my odyssey reads books and i can have justified hyphenated text. more than i can say about my old prs+300.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #20
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Yeah, I agree they are at least fixing the major annoying bugs. But I understand those who wants their bucks back: Bookeen should not have put the device out in a hurry to get the "Christmas train"; a couple of months more of testing were required.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #21
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
sfreader, that is too bad that you don't like your odyssey no more. i am still quite satisfied with mine. epecially the big font size selection is nice. since you had the odyssey let me know how the t-1 compares to it concerning fonts/size. my odyssey reads books and i can have justified hyphenated text. more than i can say about my old prs+300.
The Odyssey is clearly better regarding fonts/size and even rendering. However, for annotations, dictionnary access, PDF viewing and internet access, the PRS-T1 is better.

My priorities lay in annotations and dictionnary, so clearly the PRS-T1 is better for me. Given yours, it seems you made the right choice!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFReader View Post
The Odyssey is clearly better regarding fonts/size and even rendering. However, for annotations, dictionnary access, PDF viewing and internet access, the PRS-T1 is better.

My priorities lay in annotations and dictionnary, so clearly the PRS-T1 is better for me. Given yours, it seems you made the right choice!
Thank you very much. One of the reasons I did pick the Odyssey though was partially the dictionary support. But I knew right from the start that it would take time, because everything indicated it would be french only at first. So I had it preordered on good faith.

The other reason was to get a hold of HSIS. Little disappointed there - I either don't see it or Bookeen does not take advantage of it (yet). I could care less about the opening a book animation. Pretty sure though that it cannot be a worse screen than other Pearl non-hsis devices out there. Little note for anyone wanting to use "no page refresh": no matter where you have this setting, it will always refresh the page in a book if you swipe to turn pages. It only not flashes if you tap or use the buttons. And there I thought I could hold it in my left hand and just swipe to go forward w/o flashing. Oh well, I been used to flashing before - so back to refresh every page - this way the Odyssey is consistent between swipes and taps.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #23
TheSFReader
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It only not flashes if you tap or use the buttons. And there I thought I could hold it in my left hand and just swipe to go forward w/o flashing. Oh well, I been used to flashing before - so back to refresh every page - this way the Odyssey is consistent between swipes and taps.
Since I like to hold my ereader in my left hand and read single-hand (Sandwich time !), I "devised" a method to use it the way I like : (may need a "big hand" though) hold the it in the palm, screen facingg you, and blocking it with the thumb and little finger.

With the ring finger, you can use the right button to advance.
It would be so much easier if Cybook added a "button inversion" setting... (sent them the suggestion).
Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFReader View Post

My priorities lay in annotations and dictionary, so clearly the PRS-T1 is better for me. Given yours, it seems you made the right choice!
Speaking of the T1, it scrolls just as fast as the Odyssey.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #25
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Speaking of the T1, it scrolls just as fast as the Odyssey.
Which scrolling do you mean? Please elaborate.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #26
TheSFReader
Groupie

Just an other update : translated my "Tree-way" comparison of ereaders : Nook (Classic), Odyssey, and PRS-T1 : http://readingandraytracing.blogspot...ison-nook.html