Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
yasmeen57
yasmeen57 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Arabic books on sony-505????

hi to all..

I am wondering if any of the arab speaking and reading members can help me with this. I have lots of arabic books that I would like to transfer to my prs-505 (they are all in pdf) but whenever I tried to do that they came very small and when I tried to enlarge them they came out of screen, if you know what I mean. Is there any solution for this, I mean can I change format in arabic books? or any other suggestion? Please help.. I would be truly grateful.

The other question, can I purchase sony ebook reader in any of the arab countries? I got mine through my son who ordered from the states to canada then sent it to me. Now I am planning to get another one.. and can't see to find any shop that they even know what I am talking about.

Thanks to all
yasmeen57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
If you can't change the sources such that the page sizes are more suited to the 6" screen, probably the only thing that you could usefully do is to read them in landscape, as they might be large enough to read that way.

To toggle portrait/landscape, press and hold (for about 5 secs) the 'zoom' button.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
yasmeen57

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
If you can't change the sources such that the page sizes are more suited to the 6" screen, probably the only thing that you could usefully do is to read them in landscape, as they might be large enough to read that way.

To toggle portrait/landscape, press and hold (for about 5 secs) the 'zoom' button.
Thank you gwynevans for your reply .. but to begin with most of those books are scanned with pics so, when I transfer them to the sony they come as a pic not as a documents as in the english pdfs for example. So, I don't know how to go about it, also I didnot understand your first advice. Sorry for that but I am totally useless when it comes to conversion and stuff like that.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Have you seen this thread - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32610
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
yasmeen57

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Thank for directing me to that thread.. I will try to check the manual and see if i use landscape with my arabic books... for the time being I am busy organizing my english books in calibre, phew.. tough job and very time consuming but its fun and worth it...

thanks you so much for your help