Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #1591
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I don't know about anyone else but I can't find anything I want on the Kobo 80% off or 50% off sale.

I do hope that Bargain Moose gets another 40% off lengthy bargain discount soonish though!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #1592
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Ah boxing week, brings back fond memories of a second honeymoon the wife and I spent on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Seriously though I bought two books from Kobo's 80% off list. Jim Thompson's The Grifters and Bernard Cornwell's Agincourt. Two nice retail versions for 2 bucks apiece now that's hard to beat.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #1593
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
AGH!!!

Bargainmoose40 works on the 80% off Christmas sale! Incredible!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #1594
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
AGH!!!

Argh. Why isn't there a Christmas sale at Kobo France?
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #1595
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
AGH!!!

To my delight. And dismay
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #1596
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Has anyone found out which book Kobo is selling for 80% off in order to stay legal ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #1597
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

...I can't speak for other countries, but in th UK there are stores that have a "SALE" on pretty much all the time and still apparently are able to circumvent the rules for sale prices.

Maybe Kobo are legally able to claim a "SALE" whilst still selling most / all their books at the same price they were before the "SALE" ?

I have checked a few of the books in the Up To 80% Off list. The fixed price ones seem to be around the same price as Amazon UK, and of the ones showing a discount, I could only see up to (there's those words again) 38% off. One of those I have on my wishlist and I sure it was around that price before the "SALE" !
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #1598
mXb
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I can't find anything I want on the Kobo 80% off or 50% off sale.
I don't know if it is post Christmas blues, or maybe I've overindulged with to much BargainMoose, but I must agree Lynx-lynx, a most dismal list of books !
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #1599
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
I have checked a few of the books in the Up To 80% Off list. The fixed price ones seem to be around the same price as Amazon UK, and of the ones showing a discount, I could only see up to (there's those words again) 38% off. One of those I have on my wishlist and I sure it was around that price before the "SALE" !
Most of the items I've seen in this 80% off Sale are that price (or less at Books on Board) everywhere as they're being offered at a discount by the publishers right now or are the same regular price they always are everywhere and not really on sale. Kobo is just being smart and gathering these together in an easy to find manner for folks.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-27-2012 at 11:57 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #1600
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Am I stupid? Please let me know if I am:

Why is it Kobo only let's you purchase one book at a time? Am I missing something or is this the case. Everytime I purchase books from Kobo - I feel like there has to be an easier way than one book at a time.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #1601
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post

Why is it Kobo only let's you purchase one book at a time? Am I missing something or is this the case. Everytime I purchase books from Kobo - I feel like there has to be an easier way than one book at a time.
You're not missing anything. Kobo, and Amazon and B&N for that matter, don't have shopping carts for eBooks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #1602
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post

What works pretty well is to purchase a gift card for yourself. Once that's applied to your account you can easily purchase ebooks without having to enter your payment information or having multiple transaction go through on your CC.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #1603
mXb
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Most of the items I've seen in this 80% off Sale are that price (or less at Books on Board) everywhere as they're being offered at a discount by the publishers right now or are the same regular price they always are everywhere and not really on sale. Kobo is just being smart and gathering these together in an easy to find manner for folks.
I agree with the first part; that was my point, it's a Sale that isn't a Sale.

As for Kobo making it "easy" for folks I would use the word sneaky, instead !

...I went through the lists of "Sale" books yet again and still find them dismal. The only book I would consider buying I couldn't use the BargainMoose code on it.

Last edited by mXb; 12-28-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #1604
mXb
Addict

"The Christmas Train" by David Baldacci

Kobo UK price £4.19

Kindle UK price £0.99 !

That is a SALE price.....pity I don't have a Kindle.

"Sick of Shadows by Beaton

Kobo UK price £5.39

Kindle UK price £0.99

"The Lighthouse" by James

Kobo UK price £6.47

Kindle UK price (daily deal) £0.99 (85% off...note, not "up to" ! )

Come on Kobo, give us a REAL sale !!

Last edited by mXb; 12-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #1605
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
What works pretty well is to purchase a gift card for yourself. Once that's applied to your account you can easily purchase ebooks without having to enter your payment information or having multiple transaction go through on your CC.
This is what I do too otherwise I have to log into Paypal every time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals