Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Steve Brodeur
Steve Brodeur began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello from the mountains of New Mexico

Hi everybody,

Just joined and I'm glad to be here. I just turned 50 and seem to be going through a mid-life crisis (a little late), and apparently, need to relive my childhood. No little red sports cars - I seem to have a burning desire to read books that left a serious psychic impact on me in my younger days, and, with advanced age, I've forgotten several of them. Weird. Anyhow, hope you folks can help!

Peace and thanks,

-Steve
Steve Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome, Steve!

If by help, you mean encourage to carry on reading, and draw you more into the world that is MR, then yes - we can certainly help!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Steve and welcome to MobileRead. Are you planning on getting an eBook reader?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Steve!

I just turned 50 this year, too, but I don't think I can help you with the books I remeber reading when I was young. I doubt if you read, Emeralds on Her Hand and The Pink Dress! Anyway, there are plenty of free ebooks you can download right HERE at MR, many of which might take you back. There are ebooks in all different formats (the forum I listed is for a Sony Reader) to fit wherever you do your digital reading. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Steve, welcome to MR!

New Mexico is one of my favorite places. I went to graduate school in Las Cruces (a long time ago ). Sure miss the food from the little hole-in-the-wall places in Old Mesilla!!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello tag.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	33927 Steve, and welcome to MR.

Name:  New Mexico.gif
Views: 107
Size:  71.7 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
New Mexico! I loved the mountains there. Even went skiing once, in... hmm... let's see if I remember... nope, googlemaps to the rescue then: Ruidoso, I believe it was.

Welcome to MobileRead!

And I must say your midlife crisis took a much better form than those that will go after red sports cars (a red reader is a much better choice!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote