Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Received mine this morning. I've been having a blast playing with it. Took a little time getting my Wi-Fi set up, but finally it connected.

No problems with page turning, but I've used a VERY LIGHT touch on the screen, sometimes not even touching the screen, and only moving an inch or so.

I've connected to my internet home page with the browser, and used the pinch zoom to zoom in. It is great.

Here's a picture of the Red. I'll try for a better resolution later.

Thanks for the candy comparison. Very helpful!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Thanks from me, too -- if I were to get a T1, at this point I'm leaning towards red with a black cover. Probably an Oberon one of the same Sky Dragon design.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
oooh. the red one looks nice!
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Thanks for the pics. I am still going back and forth between the white and red. The red looks nice, but I am not wild about the pink metal strip over the buttons. Overall, I am not wild about the large format buttons. I much prefer the look of the narrower more streamlined buttons of the x-50 series. Based on the photos, the white seems to do the best job of minimizing Sony's clunky-looking design for this year's model. I wonder if stores in the U.S. other than Sony Style will stock the other colors? In the past, it seems that Best Buy etc. only stock one color.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
... Based on the photos, the white seems to do the best job of minimizing Sony's clunky-looking design for this year's model. ...
That's a good way to put it. I agree.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #21
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still a few more photos of each in different lighting and different angles would be welcome.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #22
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
An employee at my local Sony store told me that they would likely be getting the red and white models tomorrow, so I will pop in to check them out after work.
What Province are you in? I just came from one of the Mississauga stores and was told Christmas for the other colors. I thought that was outrageous but that's what he said.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #23
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
[QUOTE=AJ Starr;........By the by, I'm new to the Sony forum, as I have spent most of my time in the Astak forum with my still-loved Astak Pocket Pro. So I might make some noob statements along the way. Please forgive.......AJ[/QUOTE]

Everyone does that regardless of how long they bin on here.........

'Cept me of course.

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #24
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I just added more pictures to my original post of the red T1. See previous page, last entry.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
Avwriter
Addict

Thank you very much. That helps.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #26
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I like the red color, but since I'd likely buy a DecalGirl decal to cover up the glossy finish, I wonder if I should go for something more neutral like black or white, because the T1 has slanted edges towards the screen, which I imagine the decal skins won't cover up.. Without any skins, I like the red finish, as I lusted after a red 505 back in the day, but already had a silver when the red came out..

I'm still sitting on my hands waiting for DecalGirl to come out with T1 skins and see how everything looks, and see if the crashing problems are going to be resolved (I certainly hope so).
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #27
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
That is awfully reflective! I'm not sold on the red unit with a red case, but a red T1, with a black skin, in a red case might be interesting.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #28
Avwriter
Addict

The white is looking better and better to me. Funny. I never would have thought I would have like a white reader, remembering the way the older Kindles looked, but this one might work.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #29
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
What Province are you in? I just came from one of the Mississauga stores and was told Christmas for the other colors. I thought that was outrageous but that's what he said.
I was at one of the Mississauga stores (square one), that's where I was told to try back on Tuesday! In Etobicoke (Sherway) they told me to try back on Wednesday, I will probably pop into Sherway after work tomorrow evening (it's closer to my house).
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #30
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I just added more pictures to my original post of the red T1. See previous page, last entry.
Nice pictures! Thanks

It looks a bit small though. Or am I confused by being used to a 950?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote