Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I just noticed Deathworld is in the US public domain. I've never read it. Added to my TBR list.
It's one of a trilogy, which I loved to pieces as a teen. No idea how well it would stand up to a reread 30 plus years later. Would be interested to hear what they think from anyone who is about to try it. May consider a revisit myself.

And to return to the OP, I would be interested in seeing Bill made into a movie, despite its juvenile leanings. I always enjoyed Harrison's sense of humour.

Last edited by orlok; 04-17-2013 at 11:03 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
For those fans who would like to see a movie made of a Harry Harrison novel, there is a Kickstarter project being run by the director of Repo Man, to do a movie of Bill, the Galactic Hero.

And yes, I have chipped in. My first Kickstarter project...

Linky here

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-galactic-hero
I'm being a bit dim here, but is this an investment or a donation?

I remember Alex Cox from a movie review show here in the UK many moons ago. His choices were always suitably off the wall and interesting.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm being a bit dim here, but is this an investment or a donation?

I remember Alex Cox from a movie review show here in the UK many moons ago. His choices were always suitably off the wall and interesting.
Kickstarter pledges are purchases, not investments. You get what is described in each pledge level, depending on how much you pledge.

Pledges only become due if the project meets its funding goal, which this one now has.

You do not receive any equity in the project.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Kickstarter pledges are purchases, not investments. You get what is described in each pledge level, depending on how much you pledge.

Pledges only become due if the project meets its funding goal, which this one now has.

You do not receive any equity in the project.
Guessed as much, thanks. Would have been nice to be an investor .
Old 04-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #20
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Guessed as much, thanks. Would have been nice to be an investor .
If you have a large pile of cash with no use you could try to contact them. Not that I would say it's very good investment...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #21
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
If you have a large pile of cash with no use you could try to contact them. Not that I would say it's very good investment...
I wish I had the luxury of being able to speculate....
Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Oh no, I would jump if it was the Eden series. I have never understood why others prefer his other books.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
Oh no, I would jump if it was the Eden series. I have never understood why others prefer his other books.

applesauce
Because they are not serious. There is <so> much serious S/F, sometimes you just want to goof off and giggle...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Kickstarter made with $114K as the final total.

Trooper To The Skies - Avaunt!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:

I actually ended up being directed from this kickstarter to the OpenShot Video Editor kickstarter and supported that kickstarter.

He said he was going to use Openshot to edit the movie.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #26
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Read the script...Not too optimistic about the movie. A movie shopuld have a flow to it. The script is just a string of vignettes....
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #27
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Read the script...Not too optimistic about the movie. A movie shopuld have a flow to it. The script is just a string of vignettes....
I don't have clear picture of original work. But I thought it wasn't too continous. Rather jumpy...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote