Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #31
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwaetzel View Post
Drawing on the text: Very slow and therefore the results are not always predictable. Although I calibrated the screen and the accuracy of the pen is fine e.g. in scribble, there is a gap of pen tip and actual line of around 2-3 mm when drawing on the text.
Bluetooth keyboard: I tested it with 2 different keyboards. Normal characters and numbers are fine, but no special characters like Ü, or Ä and also no e.g. punctuation.
Page change for ePubs: A new bug to my understanding was introduced with the 2.1.0 version. Sometimes I am not able to change pages correctly. To get one page forward, I have to first press forward twice and backward once.

The same for me. I hope the final version corrects these bugs.
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #32
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessEC View Post
The same for me. I hope the final version corrects these bugs.
+1

One other bug I noticed is that at least in FBreader the page tends to lose the antialiasing quite quickly. The only way I found to solve this problem is to refresh every page. However, after calling the notes function and making the notes, the page loses the antialiasing.

One minor thing, there is a typo in the "help" annotation menu in English "with something like "makr" instead of "mark").
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:03 AM   #33
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
... And another bug:

If you open a book with ADM and after this you open the same book with FBReader, the TOC shows all entries but in the page 1 (I don't remember if it happens when the book is opened directly in FBReader, whithout to have been opened previously in ADM).
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

out also the version for the X02 models (from the Russian forum)

Old 05-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #35
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Are there any experiences with 2.1.0?
I'm still on 2.0.4, but after all these bugs and problems with 2.0.5 and 6 I'm still not sure if "upgrading" makes sense, considering the loss of dictionaries compared to WiFi update (which is quite pointless IMO, because of the need to connect to the Computer to update the library once in a while) and annotations (which I don't need) does not speak for changing the FW, but maybe there are some features which make upgrading really recommendable
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #36
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Well not yet on this 2.1.0, but I was brave enough to upgrade to 2.0.6. I did lost some dictionaries, but i replace them with the ones posted in this forum. For me is english and spanish.

The rendering of the FBreader is better that the earlier version, it retains most of the original formatting. the pocket news are diferent to navigate from ealier verison so you have the get usd to it.

pdfviewer is useless, adobeviewer work as expected. I alos install cool reader 3 and it runs ok.

Hope somebody not scared to sacrifice functions and upragrade to 2.1.0.. will see
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Are there any experiences with 2.1.0?
I'm still on 2.0.4, but after all these bugs and problems with 2.0.5 and 6 I'm still not sure if "upgrading" makes sense, considering the loss of dictionaries compared to WiFi update (which is quite pointless IMO, because of the need to connect to the Computer to update the library once in a while) and annotations (which I don't need) does not speak for changing the FW, but maybe there are some features which make upgrading really recommendable
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #37
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Files were removed, not available for download

Anybody knows what happened ?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #38
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Anybody knows what happened ?
perhaps because there is a new version released last night (again, from the Russian forum) - not sure whether it is still alpha or beta:

let's see what it does... by the way, at least for the X03 models forgot to mention there is a new theme (modern).

Last edited by paola; 05-13-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: removed space from links
Old 05-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #39
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
[QUOTE=paola;1537013]perhaps because there is a new version released last night (again, from the Russian forum) - not sure whether it is still alpha or beta:

0110512_903_C IS_2.1.0_o-icon_user.zip"]903[/URL]

I downloaded this version. It is very nice to be able to make annotations in the text (by scribbling)! It worked on my iREX iLIAD and now on pocketbook too.
(the iLIAD also had handwriting recognition! Maybe the Pocketbook also in the future??)
But, as I use text-to-speech regularly, it is annoying that the volume control does not work anymore ! Please get it back! The sound is now loud and distorted. Brrrrrr.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #40
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
I updated my 902 just to see whether my bluetooth keyboard works or not.
Well, it works. However, it is not so convenient. There are a few things to clean up in keyboard input mode.

I cannot use my keyboard with webbrowser, whenever I connect wifi, it mess up with bluetooth connection. I have to disconnect bluetooth and reconnect to use keyboard again.

Anyway, it is a start. I hope it works better in the next fw.

ps. modern theme works in 902, too.

ps2. fbreader isn't working for Korean epub file from fw 2.0.6 and it is not working at 2.1.0. I set coolreader as a default reader. (fb180 flips between chapters not pages)

Last edited by atango; 05-13-2011 at 11:41 AM.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #41
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Seemed to be removed from the page :

"Not Found

The requested URL /download/fw/Foxconn/2.1.0user/sw_20110512_903_C IS_2.1.0_o-icon_user.zip was not found on this server."
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #42
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Seemed to be removed from the page :

"Not Found

The requested URL /download/fw/Foxconn/2.1.0user/sw_20110512_903_C IS_2.1.0_o-icon_user.zip was not found on this server."
skydive, there is an extra space between "C" and "IS" in CIS - I'll correct the link, sorry about that, but it should work now!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #43
skydive
Addict

Well guys! I did it! 2.1.0 on my pb902.
Fbreader- is improved more. The note taking is ok, but stil sometimes the first words are missing, but i can live with that. The text rendering and page update look faster and fonts more darker.

The modern theme looks very nice so i change it to be the one always.

Pdfviewer-useless

Adobeviewer- text rendering have been improved, pdf files fonts look more darker.

On some pdf's when i use the dictionary, the dictionary apps hangs, on other works ok, maybe this is cause by the bad formating of some pdfs files.

Dictionaries were loaded again, and the ones that i sideloaded still there.

In summary nice improvement, I'll keep this image loaded for now.

I think is a better version from 2.0.6
Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
willyloco
Nameless Being

Can I use this as an update to the 2.0.6 european firmware ??
Old 05-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #45
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I am sales manager of Pocketbook.

I think someone should be available and paid to answer questions in the support forum, as well.
I'm in for that, cheaper than anyone else
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote