Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
DobraGolonka
DobraGolonka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
How do you search for books which are NOT a particular format?

Hi

I have several hundred books which are not in my preferred format of epub. How can I retrieve these titles using a search so that I can convert them? I can use format:type, but I'm really looking for a reverse of this where format:<>type. Is this possible?

Regards

DG
DobraGolonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Use an expression of the form "not format:xxx". You can use the logical operators together with brackets to build up complex searches. I use this all the time to find files that need converting.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
DobraGolonka
DobraGolonka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Use an expression of the form "not format:xxx". You can use the logical operators together with brackets to build up complex searches. I use this all the time to find files that need converting.
Excellent! That's just what I was looking for and I'd obviously missed that in the help file.

Many thanks

DG
DobraGolonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobraGolonka View Post
Hi

I have several hundred books which are not in my preferred format of epub. How can I retrieve these titles using a search so that I can convert them? I can use format:type, but I'm really looking for a reverse of this where format:<>type. Is this possible?

Regards

DG
Open the (luggage) Tag Browser if not open.
Expand "Formats"
click the format you don't want to see, 2 times (Red Minus)
Hold down the Control key
and repeat for additional formats.

BTW to find books with No Formats (Empty Book):
Code:
 format:false
in the search bar
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote