Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
CyberRead's new coupon unfair

Quote:
I just finished Anthem by Ayn Rand.

Well...that was one helluva ride. I'm not sure what else to say about it....except that it's pure Ayn Rand,

I'm a big fan of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. But this book just didn't get my attention. I suppose it's just a little to abstract and a little too bizarre for my feeble mind.

The book was published in 1938. My guess is back then with all the government programs and the sense of being a "collective"; this book would have been much more intriguing.

In the current age of narcissm, it's just not as intriguing.

Anyways, if you click on the link above, the book is only 99 cents.

I decided to discount the book 100% for the first 100 users because I'm such a giver and I like to share with others. (there's a feeble joke there if you catch it)

Here's the code for 100% off of Anthem: ANTHEM

Clint Brauer
General Manager - CyberRead.com
I received the following email and when I went to check out the code, it did not work as already 100 people have been there first. That's not what the issue is. The issue is that I received the email this morning at 12:48am when I had no chance in hell of getting to use it whether I wanted to or not. Most people in the Eastern time zone are ASLEEP then and this, that makes this offer totally useless and unfair.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Anthem is in the public domain anyway. Why bother with going through the rigmarole of a purchase when you can easily download it for free from Feedbooks?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The issue is that I received the email this morning at 12:48am when I had no chance in hell of getting to use it whether I wanted to or not. Most people in the Eastern time zone are ASLEEP then and this, that makes this offer totally useless and unfair.
And? There are many, many examples of this. Is it more fair than the fact that many books/movies/software/hardware/whatever is only sold in the USA and those of us who live somewhere else can't buy them at all, except for second hand? Would it be more fair if the coupon got released in 17 hours pacific time, which is 01-03 hours in Europe? Maybe it should be published at 10 pacific, but what about Japanese or Australians then?
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
And? There are many, many examples of this. Is it more fair than the fact that many books/movies/software/hardware/whatever is only sold in the USA and those of us who live somewhere else can't buy them at all, except for second hand? Would it be more fair if the coupon got released in 17 hours pacific time, which is 01-03 hours in Europe? Maybe it should be published at 10 pacific, but what about Japanese or Australians then?
No, it's not fair to have these geographic restrictions. But, in order to be fair about this eBook offer, offer it in the various timezones that are allowed to purchase it at a reasonable time. Don't offer it at a time that most people are asleep.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
No, it's not fair to have these geographic restrictions. But, in order to be fair about this eBook offer, offer it in the various timezones that are allowed to purchase it at a reasonable time. Don't offer it at a time that most people are asleep.
people do this all the time. it's the internet, when things are first come first serve, that means you have about 1 minute to grab it or less.

I've seen people Nab freebies in less than 5 seconds from the time of post.

you expect too much. and your making a mountain out of a mole hill, let this thread die
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
No, it's not fair to have these geographic restrictions.
That's what I am going to scream when you guys get sony 300/600 and us, foreigners non-americans will not get...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
From the manuals it's quite certain that PRS-300 and PRS-600 will be released in UK.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
From the manuals it's quite certain that PRS-300 and PRS-600 will be released in UK.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
That's what I am going to scream when you guys get sony 300/600 and us, foreigners non-americans will not get...
You shouldn't complain... You had the opportunity to buy the Sony 505. Which we never got. The first to be released here (according to those manuals) are the 300 and 600...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You shouldn't complain... You had the opportunity to buy the Sony 505. Which we never got. The first to be released here (according to those manuals) are the 300 and 600...
Quote:
Everything is related to everything else, but near things are more related than distant things
TFLoG
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast
ClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litter

Device: Readius
Hey Guys!

I didn't mean to cause problems for folks outside the US! I try to think globally...believe me the team that works with CRead is all over the place!

To be honest there have been less than 100 redemptions so far so the code should work. If it doesn't, then reply on this board.

The bad news is that currently we are updating the site so no one can do anything. But the good news is once we come out of hibernation, Mobipocket will no longer be our only major format.
ClintBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote