Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast
AutumnDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 2
Calibre Server

This is a two part question depending on the answer to the first part.

1) If set up correctly, can others access the server and download books from me and not be in the same house? Say, somewhere else in the world?

2) If so, how on earth do I set it up? I've tried, but I can't figure it out. I've searched for simple instructions, but I haven't found any. I don't understand what's in the manual. I'm not that technically inclined. If someone can tell me what to do in plain English, what information I need and where to get it, then I can do it.

Thanks in advance!
AutumnDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnDreamer View Post
1) If set up correctly, can others access the server and download books from me and not be in the same house? Say, somewhere else in the world?
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnDreamer View Post
2) If so, how on earth do I set it up? I've tried, but I can't figure it out. I've searched for simple instructions, but I haven't found any. I don't understand what's in the manual. I'm not that technically inclined. If someone can tell me what to do in plain English, what information I need and where to get it, then I can do it.
Plain English, probably not as it does get a bit technical and is dependent on your network hardware (modem/router). You can find some instructions on this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165476
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast
AutumnDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 2
Thanks! I'll try checking out that thread and see if I can manage to understand any of it.
AutumnDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre server, server