Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Question Image Sizes (hxw) for iPad? Anyone know?

Hi, gang:

I've read the Apple recommendations with regard to the "size," in terms of MB, per chapter, for images (11MB per chapter), but does anyone--anyone at ALL--have any idea what the height and width of the ideal size for the iPad would be? (Yes, Ducky, I know you don't).

I have a children's book inhouse. It's all jpegs, pure and simple. I would really like to make it perfect for the iPad, and Kobo secondly. I'm not enough of a CSS whiz to be comfy with the whole 100% thing (unless some kind soul wants to explain this to me--it didn't seem to work when I tried it previously).

The dimension is 1024x768 @132ppi--does that sound right? If 132 is the natural resolution, should I use that to create the images? {head hurting}

Help?

Many thanks,

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 07-25-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Pulling my hair out.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, epub design, image size, ipad, kobo