Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Lemarsman
Lemarsman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
how to delete a book from Kindle for PC

I have Kindle for PC. There are two books that appear to be distasteful that are in my "archived items" One is "Slow Hands" and the other is something to this effect. I am a little embarrassed to have these in my archive or anywhere else.

Can I delete them? I have tried but without luck.

thank you.

LM
Lemarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
To delete a book, go to http://amazon.com/manageyourkindle. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the "Find by Author or Title" search box to find the book you want to delete. Expand the title by clicking on the + sign on the left. Then look on the bottom right of the expanded box, and you should see a button that says "Delete this Title." Make sure you are sure, because once you delete from here, you can never redownload again without repurchasing. This should delete the book from Archived Items.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
interesting enough i had a book that i wished to delete from kindle for pc.... and di everything correctly on the amazon website..... well the icon(cover) for the book still appears in the archived tab on kindle for pc... if I click it it says have to repurchase it on the amaozon manage kindle web page it is not there for me to re-delete... i figure there is some remnant file hiding somewhere on my computer but I dont know where.... not a problem just annoying
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Lemarsman

Thank you. I tired that but it didn't work. I think it is because I don't know my serial number. Do Kindles for PC have a serial number?

Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Lemarsman

Well, now it worked. Thank you.

LM
Advert