Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
decalgirl skins

decalgirl-- www.decalgirl.com now has skins for the Sony 505.

Looks like 87 skins are up. I know from my experience with the kindle that you can look around the site and if you see a skin you like, request one and they are pretty good about adding them for your device.

Some of the sony skins are pretty funky. Skulls and one had snakes (yuk!!!) but a mixture for all tastes.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Those are cool! How durable are the skins?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

They are really good quality skins. had one on my kindle 1 for months with no problems and no bubbling. I had a skinit skin on my Sony and thought the quality was poorer with bubbling around the buttons and took it off in a couple of weeks. I highly recommend decalgirl.

Also PSPHOME as a code will save you 15%. It is good any time. It is a never expiring coupon according to them.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I use decalgirl skins on my blackberry, they are fab. I use them for around 2-3 months and then change them for a new design. they could last for much longer though, and are fab quality. They remove very easily and leave no residue behind. I am so pleased they do them for my sony now, will be buying some more then.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Oooohhh...... Pretty! I like that the Reader skins are one piece unlike the Skinit two-piece ones; I hated those! I only kept it on a few weeks. I also like like how the designs are laid out around the cutaway areas. Now to decide which one and to decide if I want a new skin for my laptop!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Are they distracting when trying to read?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
I can also vouch for the quality of the skins form decalgirl. I've been using them on my iPod's for years. The decals are printed on a nice heavy stock, and hold up extremely well. More importantly, they leave no residue when removed.
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #8
lisreed
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Are they distracting when trying to read?
I don't find them to be so. i usually go for a pattern that isn't too "busy" though. Some like dots or lots of flowers I might find distracting.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
I don't find them to be so. i usually go for a pattern that isn't too "busy" though. Some like dots or lots of flowers I might find distracting.
I'm thinking of this one- Zen Revisited (<---Clicky!) on my blue Reader. Opinions anyone?
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 AM   #10
lisreed
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
I'm thinking of this one- Zen Revisited (<---Clicky!) on my blue Reader. Opinions anyone?
Very cool. I know that design was popular on a kindle forum for kindle 1 skins. Looks nice and not "busy" :-)
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Oh wow these are so cool ....... I so have to get one of those
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I just ordered matching skins for my PRS-505 and Kindle 2!

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
How do these skins look if your reader is colored? I mean mine is red, will you be able to see the red thru the skin? I like the color now but I think these are cool just to change up the look.
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
That skin is wonderful Lilly, I browsed around and I think I'll order one for my reader (if they'll deliver to QC)...just have to decide which one
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
How do these skins look if your reader is colored? I mean mine is red, will you be able to see the red thru the skin? I like the color now but I think these are cool just to change up the look.
The only skin I've ever had was on my Kindle 1. The skin has a non-seethrough adhesive, so I think you'll be ok. The DecalGirl skins are easy to remove. I've never thought about putting a skin on my PRS-505 since it's metal until DecalGirl started making them a week ago. The Kindle with the white color, needs protection from the element, so a skin not only dress it up but it protects it from getting dirty!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote