Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #61
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Only my last replacement had an R on the box. Hmm.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #62
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Hi guys, this ia a troubling post. Thanks for sharing, ultimatejimmy.
I must say that Wth all the replacements I received, I never saw an R on any of my boxes. However, the first replacements (I got two in one box) included one that did not turn on and that had a repair message on it. I now wonder of it was somebody else's.
Did any of your replacements come in the original small black box? Both of my replacements came in the same kind of box as my first PW, but there was a tiny "R" on one of the product ID labels on the edge of the box. They both had this whereas the original PW did not.
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #63
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I started a new thread here that could at least help MR members prevent receiving each other's broken units, by listing serial numbers of defective units that were sent back to Amazon.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #64
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
All my replacements had a R on the box and were missing the Quick Start Guide.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #65
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Did any of your replacements come in the original small black box? Both of my replacements came in the same kind of box as my first PW, but there was a tiny "R" on one of the product ID labels on the edge of the box. They both had this whereas the original PW did not.
I did not see an R on any of my replacements. Is it pretty visible? Did anyone take a picture of what that sticker looks like?
Some of mone came just in their own black box, but the first replacements had a regular shipping cardboard box around them.

Last edited by xendula; 10-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #66
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
All my replacements had a R on the box and were missing the Quick Start Guide.
Wow, that is so wrong! You were paying for a new unit!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #67
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon has a mess on thier hands with the PW. They need to take positive action and stop being deceptive for starters. Make sure all the CS reps are on the same page possibly
take a few steps back evaluate and maybe stop selling for now and focus on correcting the problem.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #68
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did not see an R on any of my replacements. Is it pretty visible? Did anyone take a picture of what that sticker looks like?
Some of mone came just in their own black box, but the first replacements had a regular shipping cardboard box around them.
Here's what my box looked like:

Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #69
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Pretty small actually, perhaps 1/8" tall and I think it was added to the logo making it blend in. I didn't notice it until someone in another thread brought it up.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #70
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Here's what my box looked like:

Ooooh, yeah, of the three boxes I have here, two have that R in the logo, and one has a second UPC sticker on top of that sticker, so I can't tell if there is an R underneath it without ripping the sticker off. Wow!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #71
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Ooooh, yeah, of the three boxes I have here, two have that R in the logo, and one has a second UPC sticker on top of that sticker, so I can't tell if there is an R underneath it without ripping the sticker off. Wow!
All of my replacements had a sticker on top too... Now I am really wondering if they had the R and I just couldn't see it
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #72
tmf2
Zealot

All my replacements have that sticker on them.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #73
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
My PW has 'pink clouds' when ambient light is not strong enough. After 3 weeks of hoping the screen would either improve or that I would get used to it, I finally requested a replacement today. I used the 'Call Us' option on the support page to get to Kindle CS directly and only had to wait about a minute. The rep asked for a very detailed description of the problem, agreed that it was 'not the way it should be', and said that someone would inspect the replacement before sending it out. They are also pushing out the refund period in case I wind up sending both back.

I also reported a couple of software issues I've encountered (PW has failed to wake up 2 or 3 times—probably some resource leak—and the uneven text rendering problem). He seemed grateful to get this feedback and promised to report it to the developers. He also mentioned that an update was in the works, and they'd check to make sure the issues were addressed in it if at all possible.

It's going to be at a week before I'll know if the exchange results in a better PW (I'll be out of town when it arrives), but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm glad I waited to do this, they seem to have a handle on things now. Not so optimistic that I'm ordering a cover for it yet
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #74
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Do the ones with the R come with a USB cable ?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #75
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Do the ones with the R come with a USB cable ?
Yes, they do, but no quick start guide. At least mine didn't.