Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Neelly
Neelly began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Can't Send to device

I have a major problem that I would be grateful for some help on. After using Calibre for a while I decided to try and sort out my books into collections using tags.
After tagging them all I thought the best way forward was to delete them all from my Sony 650 and re-import then all with their shiny new tags all sorted into collections.
Big mistake I now have no books on my reader, as per plan, but when I try to send any I get a message telling me there are no supported formats available and I must convert them before I can send them. I would add most are Epub with afew PDFs.
Now this applies even to books that I didn't tag or otherwise touch.

This also happens when I try to send books to my old reader a Sony 600 so my assumption would be that somehow the Calibre settings have become corrupted.
Anyone any ideas as I would hate to go back to the Sony software especially as I just donated to Calibre!!!

Regards

Neil
Neelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Do you have ePub and PDF ticked as supported formats in the Sony driver (preferences->plugins->device interface)? Do the relevant book entries actually contain ePubs and PDFs?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelly View Post
when I try to send any I get a message telling me there are no supported formats available and I must convert them before I can send them. I would add most are Epub with afew PDFs.
If you are sure the books are there then it would seem that you have unselected these formats as viable for your reader in its plugin.

Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin - Sony - customize. Ensure epub and pdf are checked (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_plugin.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	65141  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Neelly
Neelly began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thanks for that. Not sure how it managed to deselect all formats in the Sony plugin. However all well now

Regards

Neil
Neelly is offline   Reply With Quote