Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Martin S
Martin S began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Exclamation Sony eBook Store difficulty?

Hello,

I live in the Channel Islands and bought a Sony (not the Touch or Daily Edition) Reader two days ago - earlier this morning, to my horror, I discovered the Sony eBook Store is not usable outside the US.
I looked it up earlier today and found a few people who were able to buy books off the store with no problem. If anyone outside the US purchases books there I would greatly appreciate it if you could explain how to do it.

I checked Waterstones, WHSmith, Diesel Books, etc and found that none of them had any titles I desired.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marty

Last edited by Martin S; 11-29-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Martin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Marty, ther are people on this site who will buy books for you. I suggest you go to the Introduce Yourself section and ask if anyone can help.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
I'm sure you could use it if you used a US proxy server. I believe the sony book store checks your IP first. Aside from that it would depend on your form of payment as well as I'm not sure how they check credit card information.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
alex@waterstones
alex@waterstones began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello,

Sorry that you couldn't find the titles you were looking for on Waterstone's.
If you want to let me know what you were looking for I will look into those titles or authors for you. There are a lot of new titles coming through at the moment thanks in large part to the requests of others earlier in the year.

Alex.

(and if anyone else just wants to make a request, send me a message)
alex@waterstones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
Ms Understood
Ms Understood began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR505
Hi Martin

I have the same problem as you, as I live in Australia. I use a number of online booksites. These are:

www.fictionwise.com - this is a great site. You don't have to be a member, but if you do join you get lots of freebies and discounts.

www.booksonboard.com - slightly more expensive but not bad either.

www.ebookwise.com is another that is slightly more expensive.

And another one - www.ebooks.com

However, be aware that some of the book sellers may not sell the .lrf format that you want. I also buy the .lit books and convert them for the sony reader but entirely up to you.

Hope this helps
Ms Understood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Oh dear, I made a mistake and said I was in the US when I signed up. Silly me! ;-)
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, sony 300