Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #256
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Julia Quinn's A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith #2) is $1.99 @ Amazon. I've read all three in this series thus far in the last month via Overdrive and I must say they've gone steadily down hill IMO and per most of the reviews I've seen.
Available at B&N for the same price.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #257
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Firelight by Kristen Callihan is $1.99 at Amazon and at B&N. This is a paranormal romance that has gotten many rave reviews.

Quote:
Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.

They will burn for eternity . . .

Lord Benjamin Archer is no ordinary man. Doomed to hide his disfigured face behind masks, Archer knows it's selfish to take Miranda as his bride. Yet he can't help being drawn to the flame-haired beauty whose touch sparks a passion he hasn't felt in a lifetime. When Archer is accused of a series of gruesome murders, he gives in to the beastly nature he has fought so hard to hide from the world. But the curse that haunts him cannot be denied. Now, to save his soul, Miranda will enter a world of dark magic and darker intrigue. For only she can see the man hiding behind the mask.

Last edited by Keslynn; 10-30-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Add book blurb
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #258
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
Firelight by Kristen Callihan is $1.99 at Amazon and at B&N. This is a paranormal romance that has gotten many rave reviews.
Jeez, might be nice if they had an actual book description, and not just short blurbs praising the book.

EDIT: looks like B&N has an actual description, unlike Amazon.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #259
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Jeez, might be nice if they had an actual book description, and not just short blurbs praising the book.

EDIT: looks like B&N has an actual description, unlike Amazon.
I hate when pubs do this! I didn't actually check the Book Description since this one has been on my wishlist for a while but I would definitely be annoyed if I was trying to figure it out. I will edit the original post with a description.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 AM   #260
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Free at amazon - Haunted Spouse by Heather MacAllister

Previously published in 1993 as a Harlequin Romance (r) by Heather Allison
Spoiler:

RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice nominee for Best Harlequin Romance

A girl, a guy, and a haunted house

Architect Frizzie Lizzie, the Scream Queen, designs haunted houses. Architect Jared Rutledge's classic buildings are designs for the ages. Jared believes Lizzie is wasting her talent--and frequently tells her so. Lizzie tells him he needs to loosen up. That's probably why their business partnership didn't last any longer than their marriage. But now, Jared needs Lizzie's help in fixing a haunted house he designed to raise money for a physical therapy center. After she recovers from the shock of Jared asking for her help, Lizzie realizes it's the perfect opportunity to show him that she doesn't design "frivolous structures" and at last win his respect. Although if she's honest, Lizzie is hoping she'll win more than that.

Previously published in 1993 as a Harlequin Romance (r) by Heather Allison

Also free at smashwords

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/100891

Last edited by dreams; 10-31-2012 at 05:35 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #261
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It seems Wild Rose Press is entering the Kindle Lending Library which is good news for us.

Three of their books are currently free!

Mountain Fire by Brenda Margriet

Seducing Avery by Barb Han

Cowboy-Sexy by Donna Michaels

Note: Wild Rose Press is a well known small digital publisher. I normally buy their books from Fictionwise with coupons.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-31-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #262
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Harlequin has a code for 31% off ebooks, good today only.
Use HALLOW3112.

It appears it's off the cover price, it's not stacking with any other discounts that might have previously been applied. That being said, you're better off grabbing your Harlequins at BoB. Their current discount is a little higher and they still have double rewards (although today may be the last day for that unless they extend it again).
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #263
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It seems Wild Rose Press is entering the Kindle Lending Library which is good news for us.

Three of their books are currently free!

Mountain Fire by Brenda Margriet

Seducing Avery by Barb Han

Cowboy-Sexy by Donna Michaels

Note: Wild Rose Press is a well known small digital publisher. I normally buy their books from Fictionwise with coupons.
Thanks for posting, I probably would have missed these. I've got a few I've grabbed from FW myself. I've been happy with those I've read so far (Kaylea Cross & Laura Kaye).
Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #264
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

Desert Rose (Warriors #1) by Laura Taylor - originally published by Loveswept 1992

Quote:
DAVID--A Hero Whose Hands Were Her Lifeline...
At first he was only a voice in the darkness, comforting her when despair was all she could feel. Then David Winslow reached through iron bars to touch her hand, and Emma Hamilton knew she must survive the desperate captivity that had brought them together! Caressing her fingers, stroking her wrist, he shared his strength day after day and made her feel as if he were touching her everywhere.

Prisoner of Passion

Emma gave him hope, nurtured his courage, but when fate finally brought them freedom, David wondered if what the silken-haired angel felt for him was really love, or only gratitude. Determined to keep the promises she'd made to herself and to him, Emma vowed to make him forget what they'd suffered. David had been afraid to need her, but could she make him see that her soul was his forever?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #265
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
A Kindle pre-order book, to be released 01 DEC 2012. Looks like it is free, to promote a new HQN line, KISS.

Waking Up Married [Kindle Edition] Mira Lyn Kelly (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Waking-Up-Marr...154606011_f_42

Quote:
Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well—a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible—been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."

Waking Up Married is a full book sampler from our new contemporary romance series—Harlequin KISS. If you love this title, be sure to catch four fun, flirty and sensual Harlequin KISS titles available every month starting February 2013!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #266
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I read this authors other romantic series, "Never Too Late", which I loved.

Carved In Stone (Art of Love Series) [Kindle Edition] Donna McDonald (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Carved-Stone-L...154606011_f_85

Quote:
Even though his sons tease him about not dating, and his ex-wife thinks he is still hung up on her, 53 yr old retired principal and stone sculptor, William Everett Larson, is glad he waited to date until he found 47 yr old high school art teacher, Jessica Anderson. He admires Jessica for her courageous art and for how she has dealt with her life. As far as Will can tell, the only part of Jessica damaged by her past is her heart. Jessica assures Will she is incapable of lasting love, but Will refuses to believe it’s true. Yes, it is a problem that the baggage from Jessica’s past makes her see dating as merely recreational and men as interchangeable, but when she offers him temporary sexual fidelity, Will decides to take what he can get until he can find a way to convince Jessica she is still capable of love.

Jessica Daniels is mostly happy with her life. Her daughter is graduating college. She is a few years away from retirement. Life is good even though lately she has stopped being interested in both her art and men. Since Jessica has never been the kind of woman looking for that one special man to settle down with, she normally dates and enjoys all the men she wants. What's the harm with doing so suits her? Will is certainly good-looking and charming, but she’s not sure he’s worth the trouble of an exclusive relationship. She likes riding his motorcycle, seriously admires his art, and thinks he’s mostly a great guy. But after thirty years of being single, Jessica knows that most relationships just don’t work out for a woman with a past like hers. When Will keeps insisting on sleeping with her, she finally gives in, but Jessica knows in her heart it will never last.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #267
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Thanks for posting, I probably would have missed these. I've got a few I've grabbed from FW myself. I've been happy with those I've read so far (Kaylea Cross & Laura Kaye).
I love Laura Kaye! Did you hear she has been picked up by a major publisher and is now writing a new series for them?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #268
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love Laura Kaye! Did you hear she has been picked up by a major publisher and is now writing a new series for them?
Hadn't heard. Which publisher? If it's one of those that are staying agency I probably won't be reading them. But I did just hop over to BoB and grabbed a couple of her Entangled titles for cheap!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #269
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Hadn't heard. Which publisher? If it's one of those that are staying agency I probably won't be reading them. But I did just hop over to BoB and grabbed a couple of her Entangled titles for cheap!
Ah, it's Avon. We're good. . . for now.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #270
FizzyWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
A Kindle pre-order book, to be released 01 DEC 2012. Looks like it is free, to promote a new HQN line, KISS.

Waking Up Married [Kindle Edition] Mira Lyn Kelly (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Waking-Up-Marr...154606011_f_42
Hmmm...apparently I've never pre-ordered a "free" eBook. It required me to select a credit card number *and* a shipping address, even though it is an eBook. What a pain.

If I get billed for this, I'm going to be ticked off.