Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #31
jswinden
Nameless Being

I wrote a 1 star review too, but they never called me. As far as me calling them about the PWs I got really lucky and most of the reps I talked with were in the USA, only one that was obviously in India. Not that any of them had a clue. I think CS is like a roulette game just like getting a good PW is! Well in my case getting a good PW was like playing Russian roulette with 5 rounds loaded in the six shot revolver instead of just one.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #32
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I also would not worry about getting another blotchy screen, since the rep you talked to guarateed that it would be perfect.
I know, right? I had to laugh when he said it. I'll let you know tomorrow how "perfect" it is.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I wrote a 1 star review too, but they never called me.
Be glad because they may have talked you into getting another one. One less PW you have to return. I'm hoping for a speckless one tomorrow. As long as the color hues aren't too bad, I can live with it. It's the specks that are driving me nuts now.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #34
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Be glad because they may have talked you into getting another one. One less PW you have to return. I'm hoping for a speckless one tomorrow. As long as the color hues aren't too bad, I can live with it. It's the specks that are driving me nuts now.
Good luck, I hope it is a great one!

I'm beginning to wonder if the Amazon return facility in Hebron, KY now has as many PWs in stock as most of their distribution warehouses. Assuming Amazon sells the PW for close to the cost of making them, I bet all these returns and multiple replacements and the extra shipping associated there with must be cutting into their profits big time.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-24-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #35
gudrun45
Enthusiast
gudrun45 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Good grief, guys, what awful experiences! I am expecting delivery of my very first unit later today, and now I'm afraid to open the box!
gudrun45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #36
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I had more dealings with CS tonight which I posted about here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194827
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #37
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudrun45 View Post
Good grief, guys, what awful experiences! I am expecting delivery of my very first unit later today, and now I'm afraid to open the box!
How's your device? Color blobs? Holes in the screen? Artifacst underneath the screen? Bright hotspots? Perfect screen?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
How's your device? Color blobs? Holes in the screen? Artifacst underneath the screen? Bright hotspots? Perfect screen?
...Bubonic Plague ? Cholera ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #39
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
...Bubonic Plague ? Cholera ?
Thanks for the humor, it's really needed at this point!

Well, I'm sending my replacement back to Amazon today. I included a long letter detailing my bad experiences, all of the defects, and my overall disappointment with Amazon. I am also convinced that last unit was someone else's return. Very disappointing, to say the least.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #40
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Thanks for the humor, it's really needed at this point!

Well, I'm sending my replacement back to Amazon today. I included a long letter detailing my bad experiences, all of the defects, and my overall disappointment with Amazon. I am also convinced that last unit was someone else's return. Very disappointing, to say the least.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that was the case. We have been referring to refurbs, but to be honest I doubt many of the returned units will ever be refurbed. I think they will simply restart and rebox them and send them to unsuspecting souls as replacements.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #41
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that was the case. We have been referring to refurbs, but to be honest I doubt many of the returned units will ever be refurbed. I think they will simply restart and rebox them and send them to unsuspecting souls as replacements.
Yep. I feel certain that is what happened. On Amazon's site it clearly says refurbished units will not include a quick start guide. Mind you, I don't think it was refurbished. I think it was simply someone's return, which is even worse.

I wrote Amazon a long letter so I'll likely get a call about it. Which will again be pointless. I still felt the need to go into detail about my experience and the defects. My biggest issue at this point is that Amazon won't own up to the fact that a problem exists with these units.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #42
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Good luck, I hope it is a great one!

I'm beginning to wonder if the Amazon return facility in Hebron, KY now has as many PWs in stock as most of their distribution warehouses. Assuming Amazon sells the PW for close to the cost of making them, I bet all these returns and multiple replacements and the extra shipping associated there with must be cutting into their profits big time.
Honestly, when I read this, the thought entered my mind that the Hebron, KY warehouse is just accepting the returns, repacking them, and sending those same units back out to others as their "replacements". If they're so low on stock to have delivery dates for new orders take 4-6 weeks, I wondered how they have enough stock available to send out replacements so quickly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had that thought.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #43
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Quote:
Yep. I feel certain that is what happened. On Amazon's site it clearly says refurbished units will not include a quick start guide. Mind you, I don't think it was refurbished. I think it was simply someone's return, which is even worse.
Neither of my replacements (1 or 2) had quick start guides included. I received replacement 1 just a few days after receiving the original. There was no way it could have been a return or refurbished unit that soon.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #44
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
Neither of my replacements (1 or 2) had quick start guides included. I received replacement 1 just a few days after receiving the original. There was no way it could have been a return or refurbished unit that soon.
Hmm.. that's interesting. Thanks for letting me know that. I don't know what to make of it then. If the units are new, why are they not including the quick start guides? According to Amazon's own site all new Kindle units have quick start guides.

I should add the bag on my unit was also not a new seal either. It was obvious.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-25-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #45
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I don't know about Amazon replacements, but I know that when Apple replaces products during the initial release period, they replace it with new products but in non-retail packaging. So if you replace an iPhone 5, you'll get a new iPhone 5 but in a generic box instead of the new for retail sale box. It's still a new iPhone 5 but different packaging.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote