Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, Osnova, I hope it turns up! Did you contact Amazon about your loss? Is it possible for someone to rack up your credit card using your Kindle?
you can go online and buy books with a kindle.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you can go online and buy books with a kindle.
I hope the account can be somehow blocked, in case someone tries to take advantage of it.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #18
Spoudason
Spoudason began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am sorry for your loss. I know of your work and have been blessed by it. I am praying that you will find your Kindle soon and that your work will not be hindered.
Spoudason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Well, so far nothing. Thanks for the words of support to all.

I have deregistered the Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) so at least I won't lose more than I already have. My loss is Kindle 3 WiFi + a lighted cover.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #20
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Did you call Amazon and report it as lost/stolen? That way if some honest soul comes across it and returns it to Amazon, it can be returned to you.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #21
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
That's a bummer.

Would be nice if the Kindle Screensavers had a spot for a name and phone number on them. I know you can enter info in the Kindle but is someone unfamiliar with it really going to take the time and search around for that info?

Hope it turns up!
That's one of the reasons I jailbroke my Kindle upon arrival. I switched the screensavers to ones more to my liking and instead of the "slide and release switch to wake" I have my name and phone number at the bottom.

So if some honest person finds my Kindle it will be easy for them to know who it belongs to.
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:04 AM   #22
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Put a sticker with your name on the backside of the Kindle. The honest finder might not get the Kindle to start.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #23
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
oh so sorry!!!! I hope you find it soon! I thought I had lost my Kindle this summer and was in such a bad situation that I ordered a replacement within hours of thinking it was lost. it turned up, so I ended up giving the "lost" one to my son
Hmmm... I'd be suspicious of that son of yours. Are you sure he didn't stash it in his sock drawer until he knew you had bought a replacment?
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Hmmm... I'd be suspicious of that son of yours. Are you sure he didn't stash it in his sock drawer until he knew you had bought a replacment?
ha! no, he was actually not there when I thought I had lost it. he arrived a few days later. he already had a K1 I had given him so I took that one back, gave it to a family friend and then he got the "missing" K2 and I got the newest K2. of course all of this happened mere weeks before the release of the K3. oh well
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #25
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
That S**ks!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #26
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Make sure to call Amazon and have them brick the device.

Sorry to hear that you lost your Kindle.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Oh noes, another I lost my Kindle thread. I extend my deepest sympathies to all those who lost their Kindles or any hand held devices. I just lost my 2 weeks old android phone and I feel sick.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Very sorry to hear about your lost/stolen Kindle 3, osnova. You seem to be having a string of bad luck with your devices - eReaders, computers and laptops. I would be devastated, too, and wouldn't be able to afford a replacement, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
That's a bummer.

Would be nice if the Kindle Screensavers had a spot for a name and phone number on them. I know you can enter info in the Kindle but is someone unfamiliar with it really going to take the time and search around for that info?

Hope it turns up!
The easiest thing is to do as desertblues suggested and put a label on the back of the Kindle with your contact information. And, if you don't want to jailbreak and hack your Kindle to add contact info to your Kindle screensavers, as suggested by RexGalore, you can go to your Settings page and edit the "Device Name" to include your name and phone number or email address so that at least the home page will show this info on the top bar. Of course, none of these methods will do any good if your Kindle isn't found by someone who is honest....

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #29
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
The easiest thing is to do as desertblues suggested and put a label on the back of the Kindle with your contact information. And, if you don't want to jailbreak and hack your Kindle to add contact info to your Kindle screensavers, as suggested by RexGalore, you can go to your Settings page and edit the "Device Name" to include your name and phone number or email address so that at least the home page will show this info on the top bar. Of course, none of these methods will do any good if your Kindle isn't found by someone who is honest....

Holly
Well, I did read the threads about other people losing their Kindles or getting them stolen. My heart went out to them but somehow it didn't register that I could be next. So, no, I did not put any special "contact me if found" info on this Kindle.

Thanks for the suggestion to call Amazon. I haven't done that yet.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #30
carbide08
carbide08 began at the beginning.

Smile

[QUOTE=kindlekitten;1247840]oh so sorry!!!! I hope you find it soon! I thought I had lost my Kindle this summer and was in such a bad situation that I ordered a replacement within hours of thinking it was lost. it turned up, so I ended up giving the "lost" one to my son[/QUO

WoW I would not lose you your HOT!!!!!
carbide08 is offline   Reply With Quote