Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
Strongly missed: TOC should show Levels

I like to read not only novels on the Kobo Glo, but also newsmagazins. Or non-fiction books.
Both genres typically comes with a huge TOC with more than one level.
I talk about a NCX TOC, not about a HTML TOC.

Kobo destroys the information of the level. It displays alle TOC entries flat.
That makes it nearly impossible to read such genres with joy, to browse through the articles, to pick what you like.

Is there any hack, which can provide the level information inside the TOC?

And:
Is there any hack to open the TOC with a single step instead of 3?

1 Tap to bottom of the display
2 Tap to book symbol at the bottom
3 Tap to TOC

Thanks.
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibu View Post
Is there any hack, which can provide the level information inside the TOC?
Unfortunately, not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibu View Post
Is there any hack to open the TOC with a single step instead of 3?
Unfortunately, not.

You may try an alternate epub reader application like KOReader, though, but this involves hacking....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216960
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
@uboot
Thanks. Bad news, bad good to know.

At the moment I have still to many things to check out with the Kobo on my to do list to start with evaluating KOReader.
But later.
I fear, that KOReader ist very young software and my knowledge in hacking/programming/administration/console usage/etc. is very poor.
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote