Notices

Old 12-22-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
mr3000jr
mr3000jr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata for edited volume

Hello,

Calibre version 5.7.2

I have searched forum and online for this but not found. Sorry if it's out there but searching "edited" and "editor" for Calibre brings up a lot of unrelated results.

I am looking for tips on how best to add editors (to differentiate from authors) in the metadata of a book (epup or pdf).
Is there a built in place for this (i.e. am I reinventing the wheel)? Any tips? I have done the following (see attached) but not sure if more is needed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 3.22.23 PM.png
Views:	87
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	184199  
mr3000jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Editors are like Authors (hint hint)

But I just add them to the {Authors} field and just add Joe Blow (ed)
Calibre Sort ignores the ( ) part
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 02:43 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre Sort ignores the ( ) part
How do you achieve this?

I indeed used something like this Person A (translator) & Person B (editor).... But they are shown in the Authors list with the ()

nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
How do you achieve this?

I indeed used something like this Person A (translator) & Person B (editor).... But they are shown in the Authors list with the ()

They SHOW, but the sort (value does not contain the (*) part Stays Green in the MDE and sometimes appears Before the Author. An artifact of who got their internal Index ID first)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote