Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 02:59 AM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Which tablets/ereaders/netbooks/devices similar to Kobo Forma size(160x177.7x8.5mm)?

What tablets/devices (discontinued models or current ones) have dimensions similar to the Kobo Forma (160 x 177.7 x 8.5 mm)?

I'm looking into getting a sleeve for my Kobo Forma, and since sleeves don't have to be a perfect fit, I'm open to getting a sleeve that isn't marketed for the Forma but fits just as well.

This means that the following are not important:
  • Brand of device/tablet
  • Whether current model or discontinued
  • Whether tablet or some other device

Thanks.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
What tablets/devices (discontinued models or current ones) have dimensions similar to the Kobo Forma (160 x 177.7 x 8.5 mm)?

I'm looking into getting a sleeve for my Kobo Forma, and since sleeves don't have to be a perfect fit, I'm open to getting a sleeve that isn't marketed for the Forma but fits just as well.
iPad mini 7.9". The neoprene ones are stretchable.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
thanks for your reply.

I'm looking at https://socialcompare.com/en/compari...r-vs-ipad-mini

The "iPad mini 4" and the "iPad Mini" both are 7.9". But the width for both is 134mm. How can the Forma fit in a sleeve designed for an iPad Mini 7.9?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
thanks for your reply.

I'm looking at https://socialcompare.com/en/compari...r-vs-ipad-mini

The "iPad mini 4" and the "iPad Mini" both are 7.9". But the width for both is 134mm. How can the Forma fit in a sleeve designed for an iPad Mini 7.9?
There's usually slack in the sleeves plus neoprene is stretchable. I was actually able to fit the iPad mini in a neoprene sleeve designed for a Nexus 7". A sleeve for 8" tablets should work just fine for the Forma (might even be a little loose).

Alas, next step up from 8" is usually 10" and that would be very loose (I generally prefer a more snug fit).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote