Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
vas80
vas80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Your favourite applications

Hello Guys!
Here I would like to suggest you my favourite applications for Iphone!!!

1. Harbor Master ($0.99 Updated Oct 21, 2009)
2. Crazy-Sounds ($0.99 Released Dec 16,2009)
3. Uno ($4.99 Update Sep 08, 2008)
4. Cartoon Defence ($0.99 Update Dec 23,2009)
5. Let's golf! Lite (Free)

Try it!!!!!!
Now, Could you say me your favourite applications?????? I want to try new applications! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks
Enjoy Apple and Have Fun
vas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Mine are:

- Stanza (reading app)
- WriteRoom (writing app)
- Occasions (birthday, anniversary reminder app)
- Awesome Note (to do list - ultra useful for getting things done)
- Bejeweled 2 (fav. game)
- Moonlight Mahjong
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
- The New York Times
- Le Monde
- Weather Pro

are pretty much the only ones I use regularly.

And a special award goes to Myst, because of the fond remembrances it brought, and because it's still a good game
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ah myst. It ALMOST made be buy an iPod. But no !

Did you played uru ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Ah myst. It ALMOST made be buy an iPod. But no !

Did you played uru ?
You should

No, never played uru. I did buy and play 2 of the Myst sequels, Riven and Exile I think.
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My main reason for buying an iPod (ie buying books from amazon) went to dust when amazon made kindle for PC
As an MP3 and Video player, it's no match for my P3.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-29-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Just kidding I don't really use mine, but I still think it's cool. I should have bought an iPhone to take advantage of the GPS (I get lost all the time, you could say I am chronically lost. I'm not really sure where I am right now in fact ) but I'm still balking at getting another subscription. I know if I start using 3G I'll never be able to stop.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Stanza
Tweetie 2

but really, the built in video/music still gets the bulk of my usage, by far.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard

I'm considering a 3g phone for the same reason

But the iPhone, in addition of not fitting me, is out of my budjet.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
try the 5.0 MP camera application for $0.99.

I have an iPhone 3G and it really did improve the quality a lot.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #11
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Weather Pro
1Password
Star Wars Trench Run
Best Camera
SoundHound
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #12
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
I won an ipod touch.

I've got an XP Laptop and while iTunes worked the first time I fired it up (needed to enable the Touch), since I rebooted, the laptop crashes everytime I hook up the Touch.

I only grabbed free apps, and got a good smattering of games and utilities the first time around. I was micro-addicted to micro-farming, etc. I also downloaded a bunch of free Ambient sound apps, binaural apps, and some net apps (cooking, google earth, etc.). I really enjoyed playing with TapTu, but I mainly use the Touch for reading and music, and don't really enjoy surfing on it. Too much fiddling requred to get a READABLE browser display, for my tastes. I DO like surfing for graphics...

Since the first docking w/ iTunes, I have only been getting things from the online store through the Touch.

I am hoping that blackra1n will be my favorite (ipod Touch), but I haven't gotten it to work yet. My first attempt hund the Touch and I had to borrow another laptop to get a second iTunes loaded to do a Restore. Sadly, I couldn't remember what apps I had loaded originally, and I went a little wild using the iTunes interface to stock up on apps. I have so many apps that I can't see them all on the screens. I have to search for several.

I am weeding out the poorer sound generators, sleep aids, music apps, games, readers, utilities, bibles, cooking apps, search aids, bar guides, battery monitors, dictionaries, sudoku, a million ToDo lists and organizers, a couple of MindMappers... I did go a little crazy with the reload.

Anyway, favorites...
a boat tiles game. If I can find it again, I'll be happy. A fun, free game, and it had 100 levels.
Cows In Space game. 50 levels, IIRC
sudoku (don't remember which)
Slacker (I tried Pandora, but my saved stations didn't translate well).
(Moxier) World - weather
BigOven
Book Bites - Common Sense
eReader (many titles, currently reading The Sleeper Awakes, Last of the Mohicans, The Tempest... do not bother with Combat)
TapTu Search
Bing
AmbiScience (three free versions)
iRelax (not the Lite version)
Relax Helper Free
aRelax Sound Lite
iFarm
TapFarm
I REALLY want the offline Wikipedia app, but I'm too cheap to pay the $9, so I'll either do the online apps, or do a jailbreak and d/l one of the freebies.
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
My most frequently used App (does that equate to favorite?) is probably the App Store. I'm drawn to that like a flame looking for cool new apps to download and hope this is just a temporary thing having received my iPod Touch at Christmas.

Following the App Store, I like:
Stanza!
Kindle Reader
B&N eReader
GoodReads
Instapaper
iPhone Life
ESPN Score Center
LinkedIn
IMDB
FML and MLIA (shouldn't like these, but I do)
Epic Fail
Suduku
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
If Harbor Master is anything like Flight Control, I can't buy it because I won't get anything done.

This being a reading forum, the Oxford Dictionary app is quite good - expensive, but nice having a dictionary anywhere where you are.

Also, Instapaper Pro is well worth the upgrade.

Ambiance for white noise to drown out loud obnoxious people.

Last edited by menevets; 01-05-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: More apps...
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
There are 2 gadgets right now making me VERY happy...My iphone and my sony reader. Recently, my nearly new computer died. While waiting for the repair service to come to terms with that, I could not sync my Sony. But I pulled the old computer out of the closet, loaded up itunes, and during the 6 week time, I read a few books on the iphone. It was AWESOME.

My faves:
1. News Feed (fabulous links to every publication possible)
2. Words with Friends (Multi-player Scrabble like game. Simply Fabulous).
3. Moxie (Word game played solo. Very well done)
4. HP Print
5. Kindle Reader
6. Stanza
7. Shazam (Music identifier)
8. WhatsApp (instant mssg program i can chat to my kids who live in diff states)
9. Photogene (Camera and editing program)
10. Oh. and its a phone. I actually use it as a phone from time to time.
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote