Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
Tunney
Tunney began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, & nook
White Screen of Death not too deadly

This might be extremely unusual, but my PE gets the White Screen of Death fairly often--once every couple of days. When it happens, its usually when its in hibernate. The first time it did this, my heart sank--I thought it was THE FINAL White Screen of Death, the thing I've read about so often on these forums. But I pressed the menu button, I pressed the on and off button, then it just turns on.
I think I'm really lucky. Or maybe these WSOD events are just foreshadows that the big one is on its way. I don't know--but I'm backing up all my data nevertheless.
Not sure how useful this post will be to anyone, but I thought I'd share this unusual tale of WSOD....unless it turns out to be not so unusual after all.

Meanwhile, I'm loving the PE. Its my most used machine, by far. Got a new stylus, its in Ermine, it totally rocks...

Tunney
Tunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
dwatransit
dwatransit began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
I have had a few similar apparent WSODs. In my case just holding the power button to ON for ten or so seconds has brought everything back.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what I'm seeing is actually the WSOD you see mentioned in the forums, so maybe I'm just being a Happy Idiot.
dwatransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
when I get the white screen I just close the screen and open them again. That usually works
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Haven't really had the WSOD yet. Slowly figuring out what this great little gadget likes and dislikes. Messed up the ereader side a bit when loading books too fast. Cleared right up with a gentle nudge of the reset button. And all the books are still there!

A month old and still have the original stylus!! Thinking about getting a replacement.....just in case.

Using the calendar and journal daily -- loving those two features. And of course, reading. It's just great for reading books!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote