Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
scarlet slipper
scarlet slipper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Moving books from calibre to kindle

Brand new Kindle owner here. I'm stuck! I can't figure out how to get my books moved onto my Kindle. The Kindle plug-in in calibre is enabled. I didn't see anything else in the FAQ that said how to get my books to transfer. Do I have to copy each mobi file from the Calibre folder into the My Kindle Content folder? I thought a copy of the mobi files would transfer automatically, but it hasn't. Obviously, I've overlooked or missed a step and if someone could point out what that step is, I'd be grateful.
scarlet slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Welcome to calibre and Kindling.

While you're in your calibre library, with your Kindle attached:

- Select the book(s) you want to copy to your Kindle.
- Right-click
- Select "send to device - main memory"

(Don't try to do it from the calibre folders on your drive. Pretend you can't even see those folders. Always manage your books only from within the calibre program.)
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
scarlet slipper
scarlet slipper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you so much for the welcome and for the clear instructions on how to transfer my books. I really appreciate it!
scarlet slipper is offline   Reply With Quote