Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Smith, E.E. "Doc": The Skylark of Space - v 1 - 21 May 07

First published in 1928, this is another of the Smith books before the "Lensman" series. Parts of this book were reworked into the the Lensman.

Quote:
Perhaps it is a bit unethical and unusual for editors to voice their opinion of their own wares, but when such a story as "The Skylark of Space" comes along, we just feel as if we must shout from the housetops that this is the greatest interplanetarian and space flying story that has appeared this year. Indeed, it probably will rank as one of the great space flying stories for many years to come. The story is chock full, not only of excellent science, but woven through it there is also that very rare element, love and romance. This element in an interplanetarian story is often apt to be foolish, but it does not seem so in this particular story.

We know so little about intra-atomic forces, that this story, improbable as it will appear in spots, will read commonplace years hence, when we have atomic engines, and when we have solved the riddle of the atom.

You will follow the hair-raising explorations and strange ventures into far-away worlds with bated breath, and you will be fascinated, as we were, with the strangeness of it all.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
good good goos good good
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2007, 02:17 AM   #3
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
You are talking about Triplanetary.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard
You are talking about Triplanetary.
Thanks for setting the record straight. It has been so long since I read the Lensman series I will plead CRS.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
First if all, thanks for all the books you have been uploading!!

Request: I notice that for the five books by E.E. Smith that you have uploaded, the author's name appears inconsistently. In two of them there is no author at all, and in the other three it appears as "Smith Edward Elmer". I would suggest at least putting in the comma after "Smith" or possible being more consistent with how you listed them here as "Smith, E.E. "Doc"". This is probably the way the author is best known and would make keeping things in order easier.

Question: Is there any way to change the title and author of an .lrf?
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer

Uploaded version 2 with corrections to the author name. Seems that "Doc" messed up the software and did not display properly on the Reader.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Uploaded version 2 with corrections to the author name. Seems that "Doc" messed up the software and did not display properly on the Reader.
Thank you so much. It is amazing how responsive you all are. I am grateful to all the wonderful individuals who have been uploading books which otherwise I would not have been acquainted with. Thank you!!
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf View Post
Thank you so much. It is amazing how responsive you all are. I am grateful to all the wonderful individuals who have been uploading books which otherwise I would not have been acquainted with. Thank you!!
You are quite welcome. Sorry it took over a month, but I missed your post the first time. JSWolf brought your situation to my attention and it is he you should thank for telling me about the problem.

Sometimes we just flat out miss posts. Sad but true. If this happens just PM the person. Sometimes we get distracted for a period of time and never get fully caught up. (Well, other than Alex who is fully converged.)
Old 06-21-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
You are quite welcome. Sorry it took over a month, but I missed your post the first time. JSWolf brought your situation to my attention and it is he you should thank for telling me about the problem.

Sometimes we just flat out miss posts. Sad but true. If this happens just PM the person. Sometimes we get distracted for a period of time and never get fully caught up. (Well, other than Alex who is fully converged.)
Actually, the post that pointed out the problem was a recent post. I just wanted to try to figure out why it was that your E. E. "Doc" Smith books were not allowing the meta-data to be edited. Since both programs I remembered the lrs2lrf converter. The problem was when I fixed the problem in the LRF file and then converted it back, all the quotes were way messed up. But at least I was able to see that the quotes for the author were not properly closed and causing the issues.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote