Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #33226
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Wishing a most joyous Darwin Day to all!

Happy Darwin Day Everybody!

Indeed!

http://wp.patheos.com/blogs/unreason...reationist.jpg
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #33227
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Having another attack of GAS (gadget anticipation syndrome). Four and a half weeks ago, when I returned my tablet to the store because of dead pixels, they told me they expected a new shipment on February 10 and that in the days after the stores would receive the tablets. Two weeks ago I emailed them to ask if they were still expecting the tablets on the 10th and they confirmed.

However, last week the expected delivery status on the website went from 4-10 days to 10 or more days. I hope it's because a lot of people ordered that tablet and it's sold out before they even get the shipment and not because Asus has delayed the shipment.

If the central warehouse got the tablets last week I expect my local store to get them today. Hopefully I get a phone call today that I can pick it up, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If I don't get a call today I'll email the main office tonight or tomorrow.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #33228
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just ran the yard stick under the kitchen stove. Results = 4 ping pong balls, 3 bouncy rubber balls, 2 soft toys, several dust bunnies, 1 happy cat.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #33229
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Just ran the yard stick under the kitchen stove. Results = 4 ping pong balls, 3 bouncy rubber balls, 2 soft toys, several dust bunnies, 1 happy cat.
as long as they weren't dust werebunnies!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #33230
silvan4now
Groupie
silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
watching "two and a half men"
silvan4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #33231
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
as long as they weren't dust werebunnies!
Not sure ..... they were big! And seemed to move! I'll let Stella handle them!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #33232
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Not sure ..... they were big! And seemed to move! I'll let Stella handle them!
Seems wise. What good is a cat if she can't handle were-dust bunnies for you?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #33233
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Seems wise. What good is a cat if she can't handle were-dust bunnies for you?
Well, she did snuggle every day I was home from work with the flu last week.
[I'm sure my running a temp over 100 F had nothing to do with her clinging to me... or the onset of our first bitterly cold winter weather .... nope .... just a loving kitten helping to lower my temp! ]
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #33234
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
My cat LOVES these plastic springs that bounce all over the place. It's an obsession of his. He drops them at your feet and waits for you to throw it and then brings them back again. He regularly bats them under the stove and fridge. I find at least 10 every week. When he runs out he'll sit in front of the stove and give you dirty looks until you get down on your hands and knees to fetch them out.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #33235
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just finished stripping down a 12" PowerBook G4, replaced the optical drive, reassembed. Only 5 hours or so!

But it does now work properly. I even fixed the heatsink and added proper thermal paste, so the fan runs a lot less now too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #33236
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
My wife and I picked out the same Valentine's Day card for each other (from different stores). She was wondering why I immediately opened the card without reading what was on the outside. That was weird. But nice.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #33237
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wow! Good thing you mentioned this. Valentine's Day is our wedding anniversary... Time to start thinking of something nice.

Stitchawl
Happy Anniversary, Stichy. I hope you got her something nice.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #33238
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Hope you had a good anniversary evening Stichawl.

We are so unromatic that it was only a comment from someone at work this afternoon that reminded me it was Valentine's Day today .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #33239
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Happy Anniversary, Stichy. I hope you got her something nice.
A Sony PRS-650 in Japanese. She went wild over the built-in English-to-Japanese dictionary 'double tap' function! Now she doesn't need to carry her Casio when she wants to read an English language book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Hope you had a good anniversary evening Stichawl.
In Japan, Valentine's Day mean that the women give the men chocolates. Now, how great is that?!? We sat and talked about our first year together, before we were married... Starry eyed lovers.... Nice memories.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #33240
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Right now? Okay. In order: I just poured myself a cup of coffee, let the dogs out, fed the cat, heated up some mashed potatoes in the microwave, let the dogs back in, gave them a treat, ate the mashed potatoes, reached in the fridge for the creamer, grabbed a can of Diet Pepsi, and poured it into my coffee.

Obviously multitasking isn't my thing.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?