Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
machstem
machstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo
calibre and stanza

Is it possible, with something like Stanza, to add my calibre content server as a repository to access its list? I would like to use Stanza on an ipad, as an example, and download directly from my shared database.

From an iPhone 3gs, I was unable to access (locally) my shared directory, but then I remembered that it hadn't asked me for a username and password. Did I do something wrong?

I can see the shared directory, but once I select it (in Stanza) I'm left waiting and waiting without any content appearing.

I went through Safari and was then able to authenticate and download the files which then opened up in Stanza (default file association)

Thanks again for the great software
machstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...-iphone-itouch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
machstem
machstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of lightmachstem is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the reply.

I eventually figured out that in Stanza, I had to add the repository as HTML.

Was about to post my reply.

Thanks again
Old 07-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You should be able to add the Calibre Content server as an XML catalog to Stanza. However I believe that there may be some issues with the current version of Stanza if you have username/password verification active on such a catalog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
machstem

I will retry by manually adding it to my repository, but the detected 'shared' directory that it finds doesn't result in anything (timeout after about 3mins)

EDIT: Adding the source manually works fine. Prompts me for username and password, and list is sorted nicely and can sort properly! Cool.
Advert