Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
pilotheinrich
pilotheinrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to Create Newspaper Format Like the NY Times

Hello!

I'm new to the forums, so I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

Does anyone know how to format or create a file that will display with sections as most newspaper subscriptions do. By that I mean you can pull up a section list with a count of the article in each section. Plus, your main navigation is left for previous article and right for next article, and center to re-open the section list.

I've searched here and Google and can find nothing on this.

Thanks!
pilotheinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Check out Calibre which also has it's won [URL="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166"]forum. It creates newspapers from RSS feeds and calls them "recipes"> I believe it comes with a recipe for the NY Times built in.

Be sure to watch the Calibre demo video.

And last but not least, welcome to MobileRead!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
daveterry
daveterry began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
pilotheinrich: Is this what you were looking for?

I'm familiar with Calibre and how it formats news feeds. I, like you, though want to create my OWN documents like the 2-column newspapers. However I can't find any HTML that illustrated the two column format for the TOC.

I've done many books on my own using kindlegen using ncx, opf and toc navigation, images, etc. but have not been able to find an example of the two column format used for newspapers.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I think this is also what pilotheinrich was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

...dave
daveterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Psyk
Psyk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Did any of you guys manage to find a solution? I have looked for quite a while as well, tried to convert mobi files to html and back but I always loose the newspaper-like formatting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Psyk is offline   Reply With Quote