Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #616
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Not entirely. Currently KUAL doesn't support nested menus.
Is it OK to expect mentioned feature in the future?
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #617
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
"Currently" is the clue there
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #618
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of the 3000 people who have used this app I would like to thank the 4 of you who felt the need to donate.

Our server renewal is up and I still can't personally look to develop on a paperwhite, Also Stepk is struggling to develop for the lower devices not having a k3.

All excess proceeds would go toward providing literacy aids to underprivileged children.

Should anyone wish to contribute all the details are in the top link... And possibly I suppose I should put them in my signature. Thanks for using KUAL and it's associated - and growing - resources like the dedicated wiki, Support Forums etc...

I would personally like to thank stepk who I KNOW has poured countless hours into this next release and knc1 who has worked endlessly supporting the upcoming kual-system. And of course Ixtab without whom all of this would just be a dream.

Viva the KUAL!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #619
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Four? Four people sent an obole for the necessary tools to make a really useful application work on all devices?
Four out of all the people on this forum who expect instant replies, drop everything because they can't be ***sed to read instructions.
Words fail me.
If all of us did a couple of euros by paypal, which isn't exactly hard to do, which is the cost of a small beer, then that would not only buy enough kindles for proper testing but leave a good chunk over for a worthwhile projet.
Don't hang your heads in shame, get clicking.

Thank you KUAL team.

piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #620
twobob

Do a lot of work for charity... Don't like to talk about it

is it any wonder the developers get discouraged ?
Give something away for free and people think it is worthless.
Charge a high price and they think it is worth something...

The kinked luxury demand curve BONKERS

I knew that Economics qualification would come in handy one day

Thanks for the kind thoughts and encouragement.

Having just spent 3 solid days hacking on the voice activated GUI facility I can do with a bit of head patting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_261.png
Views:	217
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	103458  

Last edited by twobob; 03-25-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #621
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
FontConfig added the main index. How did I miss that?

Sorry Jimmy-Jim. Things have been hectic.
Thanks for that. There was never any hurry and I know you guys have much bigger fish to fry.

Quote:
Okay.. so since the 4, 3 and DX use other "font display technology" this will be listed as no for them.
I thought I mentioned that before but I could be wrong. :P
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #622
twobob

You probably did. But I tested it anyways.

I also updated the supported numbers on the main index when I realised I had missed that detail yesterday DUH!!

All fixed up now. IIRC I added some notes to the listing too.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #623
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Sigh I managed to kill my TC sorry Thomass

I got about 1 hour behind my schedule here : (

EDIT: TC FIXED I sent you the info about the replacements done by the script also...
I found the cause of the problem. On the second case I replaced the azw2 file into a folder (like this documents/apps/KindleLauncher.azw2 ). Problem fixed after moving it into /mnt/us/documents/ .
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #624
twobob

It's hard linked to the documents location.

We should make a bigger note of that somewhere perhaps. Or possibly make it do a "Sanity" search.

Glad it wasn't a coding "fault".
Happy you are happy.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #625
twobob

I would like to thank the people who took it upon themselves to put their hands in their pockets to support this project. We have now raised another £20 that will be put toward getting stepk a kindle 3. He really should be next on the list.

And to the bloke who donated twice. I could kiss you (You wouldn't like it but I could)
Perhaps one day we will meet the budget to get a PW.

Huge thanks again.

KUAL DEVS
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #626
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur
fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3gb (3g)
Hmm .. big Problem ...
I installed all the prerequesites including the dev keys. After that i tried to start the kual launcher but its "not registered as a test device"

i reinstalled the dev keys .. and it worked. BUT after hitting "quit" and trying to rerun the kual launcher, the problem is reproduced ...."not registered as a test device"

-edit- my k3 not registered or anything. I reinstalled the devs again and no progress. not even for one time the applications is running

Last edited by fonzie4msg; 03-30-2013 at 09:43 AM.
fonzie4msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #627
twobob

You haven't "registered" your device with Amazon have you...

I'll PM you
Old 03-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #628
twobob

Done.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #629
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Font Config Paperwhite 5.3.1

Jimmy-Jim

First of all thank you for your "Button" because I don't no USBNetworking.

I have a Paperwhite 5.31 with KUAL. I apply the FontConfig in KUAL and the Extra Fonts hide from Aa menu.
But the custom new fonts I put in the Fonts folder don't appear.

What I have to do?

Thank very much in advance
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #630
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
Jimmy-Jim

First of all thank you for your "Button" because I don't no USBNetworking.
Your welcome.

Quote:
I have a Paperwhite 5.31 with KUAL. I apply the FontConfig in KUAL and the Extra Fonts hide from Aa menu.
But the custom new fonts I put in the Fonts folder don't appear.
What fonts are you trying to add? The fonts need to be named in a specific way:

Fontname-Regular.ttf
Fontname-Italic.ttf
Fontname-Bold.ttf
Fontname-BoldItalic.ttf

Try restarting your Kindle after adding your fonts.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified