Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
"New" Ellery Queen ebooks

Mysterious Press has a bunch of early and middle era Ellery Queen ebooks coming out tomorrow. Looks like right now Kobo has the best prices.

Titles:

The Adventures of Ellery Queen
And on the Eighth Day
The Greek Coffin Mystery
The French Powder Mystery
The Siamese Twin Mystery
The Spanish Cape Mystery
The Dutch Shoe Mystery
The Egyptian Cross Mystery
Ten Days' Wonder
The American Gun Mystery
Cat of Many Tails
The Chinese Orange Mystery

The Roman Hat Mystery and Calamity Town had been released previously. Along with the three titles from Langtail Press, that makes 17 EQ's now available in e-format.

Now, if I could just get some more Ngaio Marsh's, I'd be ecstatic.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Nice. I've read:
The Greek Coffin Mystery
The French Powder Mystery
The Egyptian Cross Mystery
The Chinese Orange Mystery
The Roman Hat Mystery
In hardcover. The old orange colored hardback versions that is. I found them on sale at a garage sale when I was a good deal younger. I've always liked books and getting some mysteries made my day that day.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Thank you for the heads up.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the heads up. I had wanted to read one last year, but the availability from my library or as an e-book was very limited.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They're rather expensive: £7.41 at Amazon; that's about $12.

EDIT: Considerably cheaper at BoB (£4.98), and eligible for discount, too.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-05-2013 at 12:25 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I got my wish - the first 16 Ngaio Marsh mysteries featuring Inspector Alleyn are now available!

Looks like BooksonBoard has the best price at the moment at $7.49 each, with $1.50 in rewards.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Great new about the Ellery Queen books. I'll add them to my ever increasing wish list. I read most of the later books many years ago, but could never get my hands on the early ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I got my wish - the first 16 Ngaio Marsh mysteries featuring Inspector Alleyn are now available!
All the Alleyn novels plus Ngaio Marsh's autobiography are available in the UK. Hope this bodes well for the remaining novels being published in the US.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
All the Alleyn novels plus Ngaio Marsh's autobiography are available in the UK. Hope this bodes well for the remaining novels being published in the US.
Different UK and US publishers. That's why they were available in the UK, but not the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Another heads up - the early Martha Grimes "Richard Jury" books are being released as ebooks this month - pricey - $10 or more for the backlist titles.

Apparently Grimes changed publishers - which had delayed the ebook release of the backlist.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote