Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
leito360
leito360 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Is it possible to do a MOBI(new)conv. while maintaining the dictionary structure? PW3

Hello.
I just got my hands on a couple of dictionaries about Politics and Economy. All of them are in MOBI (new) format, and correctly recognized and labelled under the "Dictionaries" folder. When I move them to my device I can't open them, I get some error like "If you downloaded this from Amazon, delete it and get it from the Cloud".

But if I convert the dictionaries from Mobi (new) to Mobi (old) or to Mobi to AZW3 they lost its "dictionary" formatting, and search through them as a normal book turns into a pain (I tried it and the search tool is extremely innacurate).

So, is there a way to do any type of conversion while maintaining the "dictionary format" in each file?
leito360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, conversion of dictionaries is not supported. Converting one will always result in a normal book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
leito360
leito360 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Solved it

I just uploaded the .mobi dictionaries to the cloud (Sent them by email)

Last edited by leito360; 09-15-2015 at 10:30 AM.
leito360 is offline   Reply With Quote