Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 12:04 AM   #2941
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Darn, so we'll never know if he made it
I assumed he was trying to get me ... in which case, he didn't make it.

And, so as not to violate the theme of the thread again, here's a baby box turtle eating a raspberry.

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #2942
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I like the song, I like the orchestration, I like the lasers, and I like the very, very patient vocalist!

Was her long wait really worth it?

Hans Zimmer is terrific.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #2943
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The best spider video on youtube has to be the mutant spider dog.

My favourite is the dog birthday cake though (original video isn't available to me in the UK - https://youtu.be/g4QkGR0q5Es).

soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:51 PM   #2944
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I like clowns

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #2945
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Morristown is a large town (or very, very small city) in northern NJ. My family moved there when I was in 8th grade. The Morristown Green is a park in the center of the town. There are several statues commemorating veterans and heroes of several wars, park benches and lots of trees. I used to hang out there after classes at the high school. In my case, I'd usually sit on a patch of grass under a tree and read a science fiction magazine or paperback.

Back then there were very few bears in NJ. When I was picking up dead deer, in the mid-70s, I got a call to pick up a dead bear on I-80 near the Delaware river, and didn't believe it until I saw it.

Bears have become much more common recently, with bears in every county and some bear attacks in the news. And, every once in a while, they wander into towns.

Apparently, a bear managed to get all the way to the Green today. There are several videos on Youtube documenting his misadventures.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #2946
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The Hobbit : The Battle of 5 Armies. 23 minutes cut from the movie.

BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #2947
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:46 AM   #2948
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #2949
cromag

And now, something a bit different. Morristown: Where America Survived -- A documentary produced in 2009 by the now defunct New Jersey Network (nominally replaced by NJTV, but there's no comparison on their quality, IMHO).

I lived in Morristown when I was a teen, and my folks lived there until a few years ago. This documentary covers the winter encampment of 1779-1780 at Jockey Hollow -- now a national park. During the time of the encampment Jockey Hollow would have qualified as the fifth largest city in the colonies.

I spent a lot of time on the trails there, and returned to do some hiking with my son last summer.

Here's the description of the video:

Quote:

The complete HD version of the 2009 NJN history special, MORRISTOWN: WHERE AMERICA SURVIVED. 95% of the footage in this show was NJN original footage. Re-enactment scenes filmed in and around Jockey Hollow at Morristown National Historical Park. Narrated by Edward Herrmann. This 30-minute special was immediately picked up by PBS and aired in the national program schedule with the American Experience series.

Last edited by cromag; 11-14-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #2950
ac2louis
ac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheeseac2louis can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
NFL Bad-lip reading, no doubt about it. "WE-GOTTA-EAT-THE-BREAKFAST. WE-EAT-BREAKFAST."

ac2louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #2951
cromag

This isn't a product endorsement for any particular make of car -- I just get very tired of seeing car commercials pushing "driving excitement." I'd rather see more like this one:

Old 11-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #2952
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 12-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #2953
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
BEST. CHRISTMAS. COMMERCIAL. EVER.

Simply awesome...

BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #2954
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Transparent ink to the rescue.

PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #2955
KenMagee
Connoisseur
KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Great fun... every expert could learn a lot from this.
KenMagee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price