Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Why my Nook use GPRS for 10 min. after reboot?

My Nook is soft-rooted and setup to work with my local carrier SIM card.

I also removed the command, inside Nook, which checks for firmware update from B&N.

I haven't reboot my Nook for quite some time. Today I turned off and on my Nook and found that it started using GPRS/EDGE continuously for almost 10 minutes (blinking communication arrows). What did it do during this 10 minutes period?

Last edited by bthoven; 04-05-2010 at 06:33 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #2
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Just a theory -- updating its library?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Just a theory -- updating its library?
That's what I guess; but 10 minutes for just a few books I purchased (and already downloaded) from B&N?? My EDGE connection speed is not that bad 8-).
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote