coolcat began at the beginning.

Device: none
E Ink's P.V.I changes name to E Ink Holdings

here's the press release

http://www.eink.com/press/releases/e...11&newsLang=en

PRIME VIEW INTERNATIONAL (PVI) IS NOW E INK HOLDINGS INCORPORATED

Prime View International (PVI), has adopted the name E Ink

June 18, 2010:

Yuan Tai Technologies Inc. announced today that it has changed the international version of its name from Prime View International (PVI) to E Ink Holdings Incorporated (E Ink). .....With this change .....reaffirms its strong commitment to ePaper, an industry that it has pioneered for over a decade.

E Ink Holdings Incorporated will offer its ePaper products under the brand name 'E Ink' and its LCD products under the brand name 'Hydis'.
Media Inquiries
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I hate to keep dwelling on this, but coolcat shows strong signs of being Dan Bloom.

Evidence:

Until today, his only 3 posts have been in a Dan Bloom thread. The first of those three posts directly contradicts the stance of Dan Bloom as "taglines"-- but that is consistent with his sock puppet habits-- in this thread Dan as "taglines" says that "hate(s) reading on paper surfaces these days when I can read much more comfy on my e-reader' when everywhere else Dan is clear that he will never use an e-reader and thinks it is inherently inferior to reading on paper-- clear proof that he introduced his first sock puppet with the express purpose of deception and lying, not-- as he claims-- because I "damaged his reputation" under his real name. (This is the thread where I outed his sockpuppet.) The other of his two posts before now have been

1. an attempt to get HarryT to edit out his quote of a personal attack on Dan as "taglines" by me in his "request" that I edit it (and yeah, it was a very heated, very personal attack and editing it out was a good idea, though I meant every word of it)

2. a suggestion that all posters on Mobileread be required to post under AOL/AIM names and every post at Mobileread be prescreened by moderators before being allowed to go through. Not only is that the type of unworkable, non-feasible, clueless thing that Dan tends to come up with, but the writing style isn't inconsistent with his, either-- AND-- a few posts above, as "taglines", Dan says of me (Darren Garrison) "I wish you could have the guts to post with your real name, too, but for obvious reasons you prefer to stay in the shadows as ''ardeegee''. That's your choice."

After I casually called coolcat "Dan" in a reply to him, he stopped posting in that thread, and I wondered if he would show up again. Which he has, in this post-- a press release about PVI changing it's name to Eink. A subject that already had it's own thread (so the new one was redundant, but posting multiple threads on the exact same subject is a Dan Bloom signature) AND-- Dan (as "taglines") recently said that "In fact, I just wrote a long 4-page magazine piece on Prime View International Co. and its E INK acquisition from Boston, completely pro-PVI and pro E INK and pro Ereaders. I will post the link here when it is available online"

So-- there may be a chance that coolcat isn't Dan Bloom, but that's my case. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by ardeegee; 06-28-2010 at 11:43 AM.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A

(source)
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
That reminds me-- last night I learned the origin of the term "sock puppet" (I wasn't aware of it before:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...run_a_blog.php
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:11 AM   #5
coolcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
That reminds me-- last night I learned the origin of the term "sock puppet" (I wasn't aware of it before:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...run_a_blog.php
re ardeegee's posts above:

NOTE: this news was about a very important news story, that has NOT been very well reported worldwide yet, that PVI has changed its name to E Ink. Why no discussion of that? That's what this post was for. But no, darren has to hijack it once again and go off on his kill bill diatribe again. I am beginning to think he might be my long lost brother!

It's like a game of chess, isn't it? And darren so much wants to win! for a man who admits (here on MR) he has never read much American literature, novels, poems, plays, essays -- and doesn't know most well-known writers and thinkers in the USA -- and pans top writers like Nicholas Carr and William Powers for their balanced tech vs unplugged books -- and says things like 20 years from now nobody will ever know who Nick Carr was! -- egads! -- and admits he is not much of a real ''reader'' in the first place, and that's okay, not everyone has to be a bookish person in my book, the truth does not lie only in books and there's lots to learn and know outside of the book world for sure, and the tech world is a very good place to build a homestead, sure, why don't you just move on with the things you do like in life instead of obsessing with this sockpuppet nonsense? You seem to have taken it as a personal mission to damp down the noise of people on this board you don't like, for vulgar reasons of your own. So strange. You are. But given that you are so obsessed, I beg your leave. It boggles the mind that someone would spend so much time worrying about nothingness.
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #6
coolcat
Banned

....I'm outta here

Sheesh!