Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
New Star Trek Amazon only??

So I'm wanting to pre-order Star Trek: Paths of Disharmony for my Nook, and notice that it's only available in Paperback.....however, the other 3 I bought in eBook format.

I went to Amazon, and they list a Kindle version....Nook site, tell the publisher you want this for the Nook.

Huh??

Anyone else know if you can pre-order eBooks for the nook or not?

I'll buy it from Amazon if I have to, but would rather not.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yep.

I checked on Inkmesh and this title appears to be Kindle only.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Amazon is one of the few ebook vendors that does PRE-orders. Most just sell the book when it is available.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's to hoping that's what's going on
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
It's because the Kindle 3 is the only reader that can display Klingon.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

LOL what about Andorian? That's what this one is about LOL. Maybe some Klingon appearances.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Hmm, I dunno then. You could just get the paperback. Yeah it's a compromise but at least you'll get to appreciate the cool cover art. Wait I just looked at it; get the ebook.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Lol. If Amazon is the only one that carries it, I'll just strip it and convrt it. The cover art is pretty disturbing though. I agree with that.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #9
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Amazon is one of the few ebook vendors that does PRE-orders. Most just sell the book when it is available.
B&N sometimes does preorders too.

Regardless, I'm refusing to panic yet. "Paths of Disharmony? Doesn't arrive until Tuesday."
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
moyeen
Banned
moyeen doesn't littermoyeen doesn't littermoyeen doesn't litter

Device: none
I'll buy it from Amazon if I have to, but would rather not.

Last edited by moyeen; 01-23-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: thanks
moyeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
B&N sometimes does preorders too.
I pre-ordered The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest from B&N last year. Three days after I got it the price dropped $4. I won't pre-order anything from now on.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard

OUCH!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Lol. If Amazon is the only one that carries it, I'll just strip it and convrt it. The cover art is pretty disturbing though. I agree with that.
Given that the Amazon version only includes the page numbers file size, it might be in the dreaded Topaz format.

edited above. I am still not sure about the "Topaz rule". I think you are supposed to see both the page numbers and file size to know it is deDRMable. But I could be wrong.

Last edited by Donnageddon; 01-23-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard

I hope not. The other two are mot, so Im hoping this isn't. i'm still jolding out hope that B&N will carry ut and I can avoid that at all costs. Lol
Old 01-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #15
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Given that the Amazon version only includes the page numbers file size, it might be in the dreaded Topaz format.

edited above. I am still not sure about the "Topaz rule". I think you are supposed to see both the page numbers and file size to know it is deDRMable. But I could be wrong.
You've got the rule reversed - Topaz has just the print length, without file size. File size usually indicates Mobipocket.

Also, I think 600 KB is pretty small for a Topaz book.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote