Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
haseya07
haseya07 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, kindle 3
Something's wrong with my kobo screen?

I haven't used it in 2 weeks coz i was busy and when I opened it a while ago, this is what happened.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...7/kobosira.jpg

I have never dropped it and I always keep it in a soft sleeve. I'm not from canada, and I just asked my sister to buy me one and ship it to me here in the Philippines, so going to the store to have it looked is out of the question.

Any help? What should I do?
haseya07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Well, I am hardly a Kobo expert, but a couple of thoughts.

1. Is this the battery properly charged?
2. Have you tried resetting the device?

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
haseya07

@bill: Yes, the last time I used it, I charged it to full and left it powered off. And I also tried reseting it via the menu option and the one using a pin. It didn't work. I'm pretty desperate right now.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseya07 View Post
@bill: Yes, the last time I used it, I charged it to full and left it powered off. And I also tried reseting it via the menu option and the one using a pin. It didn't work. I'm pretty desperate right now.
Contact support. I had a kobo replaced that had a much smaller screen issue than that...

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
haseya07

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Contact support. I had a kobo replaced that had a much smaller screen issue than that...

Tim
I did, and I'm waiting for a reply. I really hope they do something about it. I love my kobo.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseya07 View Post
If it has been two weeks since your last use, its possible that the battery did drain in that period (if it was left in standby as opposed to completely powered off).

I guess the question is, is the screen image you posted what happened when you turned the reader on, or is it simply what you had when you picked it up and you couldn't get it to change?

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Looks a lot like my broken screen. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98667

I have the same story: Mine was in a case, inside my briefcase, and wasn't subjected to any big shock, but when I looked at it, there it was, as pictured. Definitely not a charging issue.

Did you get a replacement?
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, that is a broken screen. The only thing you can do with it is to contact Kobo and hope they will replace it for you or free or not too much $.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #9
haseya07

I contacted Chapters and they replaced it with a new one because it's still under the 1-year warranty. They even replaced it with the white one!